Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Police throw sign at Motorcyclist, hitting him in the head

Thanks
    Thanked 3,474 Times in 1,534 Posts

Throwing a sign or throwing road spikes whats the difference, clearly the rider had no intention to stop, and police can use any force necessary to stop you, I have no sympathy for the rider!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rick For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (08-11-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

You sure the Bike wasn't being chased already by the police

always two sides to a story
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by porkop View Post
    Are you serious!!!!

Pull on a set of boots and do the job.
    Im wondering if your sympathetic side has been dulled by working in the force over the last few years? (Not a cocky question, a real genuine question)

Lets face it most would walk into the job thinking they would make a difference, id imagine after seeing so many court decisions make a mockery of all the hard work the police do that a police person would eventually lose faith in the system.

And hence possibly do such things as in the clip out of being fed up with what they deal with on a daily basis........

I have quite a few police force members that buy from me who i speak to about this, what im seeing is a pattern of being fed up, those who have stayed on have built a thick skin and only socialize with other police force members, its almost like there is a distrust with the public.

Im surprised by how many people i meet that got out of the police force stating, overworked, underpaid, under resourced and fed up with a system that looks after the bad guy.

Hmm maybe id throw a lead slug rather than a book eventually in the same situation......

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godzilla For This Useful Post:

enf (08-11-15),lsemmens (08-11-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    Bahahahah, ok....
    And the result...

"A police spokesperson told ninemsn the pursuit was terminated due to safety concerns.

But, a short time later, police were called to a nearby crash between the motorcyclist and another car.

The 21-year–old motorcyclist fled the scene but was arrested nearby.

He's lucky he didn't kill or seriously maim the innocent driver of the car he collided with. Cops should have dropped him when they had the chance. Too many f&ckwits like this on the road who only care about themselves.

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

enf (08-11-15),Godzilla (08-11-15),lsemmens (08-11-15),mtv (08-11-15),Rick (08-11-15),VroomVroom (08-11-15)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Throwing a sign or throwing road spikes whats the difference, clearly the rider had no intention to stop, and police can use any force necessary to stop you, I have no sympathy for the rider!
    Maybe some piano wire next time then? Any Force Necessary
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

best4less (08-11-15),Tiny (08-11-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

When all else fails bring in the experts

When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to best4less For This Useful Post:

carjackma (09-11-15),irritant (23-07-16),Tiny (08-11-15)

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Im wondering if your sympathetic side has been dulled by working in the force over the last few years? (Not a cocky question, a real genuine question)

Lets face it most would walk into the job thinking they would make a difference, id imagine after seeing so many court decisions make a mockery of all the hard work the police do that a police person would eventually lose faith in the system.

And hence possibly do such things as in the clip out of being fed up with what they deal with on a daily basis........

I have quite a few police force members that buy from me who i speak to about this, what im seeing is a pattern of being fed up, those who have stayed on have built a thick skin and only socialize with other police force members, its almost like there is a distrust with the public.

Im surprised by how many people i meet that got out of the police force stating, overworked, underpaid, under resourced and fed up with a system that looks after the bad guy.

Hmm maybe id throw a lead slug rather than a book eventually in the same situation......

It was more the suggestion that police would bully witnesses that got me.

My experience is that that just doesnt not happen.

ESD (PSC) would have a field day if there was any suggestion of police witness tampering!

I for one would not do what that officer did but it is indeed very frustrating that teh general (uninformed) public expect that we do our job and police both crime and traffic however they are blissfully unaware of the shackles placed on members by both command directives, policies. government legislation and rulings from the coroner's court.

Vic is a nanny state, and the way government handle any thing that may be topical is to legislate.

What ever happened to accepting consequences of your actions. Drive fast on wet roads and crash, accept it, dont blame vicroads for not telling you to the road was dangerous when wet. Dont blame your driving instructor for not teaching you how to handle a car in the wet. Just accept that you sped. There are many examples where people who find themselves in trouble look everywhere to associate blame before they look in the mirror.

Anyway. I think you all know my position on criticism of police.
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (08-11-15),lsemmens (08-11-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

+1 , although if some idiot comes speeding at you i dont think you would have time to do anything else except throw something at the idiot. i'm sure when all the in car cameras are replayed there will be more charges coming against said idiot , maybe intent to use a deadly weapon.

i wouldnt have the patience to be a police officer .

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

enf (08-11-15),Rick (08-11-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,474 Times in 1,534 Posts

Maybe some piano wire next time then? Any Force Necessary
    Really seriously OB have you lost the plot young man LOL

• The Following User Says Thank You to Rick For This Useful Post:

enf (08-11-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post

i wouldnt have the patience to be a police officer .
    As Porkop knows, i was seriously considering joining the force around the time he did (yep needed a change in life) and thought the hours and change of pace would suit me and my nature just fine.

Then it dawned on me that the way i handle conflict and D/H's may end with me on the wrong side of the bars.

Handling mothers getting bashed by husbands while children watch on is not what i wanted to see day after day........it would have killed my soul.....

• The Following User Says Thank You to Godzilla For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (09-11-15)

Thanks

I'd like to see how it would be the other way around, a person on the street throws an object, hitting a police motorcyclist on the head.
    "Like a tonne of bricks" springs to mind, and we'd have endless posts on Austech about the outrageous dangerous behavior and how someone could have been killed etc etc.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,077 Times in 9,094 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpankedHam View Post
    "Like a tonne of bricks" springs to mind, and we'd have endless posts on Austech about the outrageous dangerous behavior and how someone could have been killed etc etc.
    I seriously doubt a police motorcyclist would be recklessly speeding around endangering peoples lives. He could of course be pursuing a speeding criminal, but he wouldn't be allowed anymore as we let speeding criminals go.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Really seriously OB have you lost the plot young man LOL
    Not really mate, i'd just like to live in a society were the Police live by the same laws we all must live by.
    A blue uniform doesn't make them above the law, and 2 wrongs don't make a right. Especially when he is at work representing the force.

As mentioned, his actions were deliberate and he went out of his way to charge towards the motorcyclist and throw a projectile at him.

What part of any of that is lawful?
    May as well just be America then, let them start shooting to stop him.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 09-11-15 at 08:46 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    As Porkop knows, i was seriously considering joining the force around the time he did (yep needed a change in life) and thought the hours and change of pace would suit me and my nature just fine.

Then it dawned on me that the way i handle conflict and D/H's may end with me on the wrong side of the bars.

Handling mothers getting bashed by husbands while children watch on is not what i wanted to see day after day........it would have killed my soul.....
    you leave a little bit of yourself at every sad job you attend. Debriefing is a must.
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

enf (09-11-15),Godzilla (09-11-15),mandc (09-11-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 573 Posts

Not really mate, i'd just like to live in a society were the Police live by the same laws we all must live by.
    A blue uniform doesn't make them above the law, and 2 wrongs don't make a right. Especially when he is at work representing the force.
    Crooks don't live by the same laws society goes by, so the cops out to catch them should be given leeway as well.

A blue uniform may not put cops above the law, but it does grant them exceptions to go outside the laws to stop idiots doing the wrong thing and to protect you and me.

If you play with fire, you get burnt - the perfect analogy that applies to the motorcyclist in the video.

• The Following User Says Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

Rick (10-11-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    I seriously doubt a police motorcyclist would be <b>recklessly speeding around endangering peoples lives</b>. He could of course be pursuing a speeding criminal, but he wouldn't be allowed anymore as we let speeding criminals go.
    Irrelevant. Even if the cop was recklessly speeding around and someone hurled something at him (her), the outcome would be the same and it wouldn't be positive for the person that hurled the object.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpankedHam View Post
    Irrelevant. Even if the cop was recklessly speeding around and someone hurled something at him (her), the outcome would be the same and it wouldn't be positive for the person that hurled the object.
    Uh .... no. The cop would have to stop to charge the thrower. Not continue down the road and crash into an innocent motorist like the loon in the video.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by peteramjet View Post
    A blue uniform may not put cops above the law, but it does grant them exceptions to go outside the laws to stop idiots doing the wrong thing and to protect you and me.
    who/what law grants them exceptions?
    and if that were the case then that would put them 'above' the law
    one law for the public and another for the police?
    nope sorry, doesn't wash with me
    how is this cop protecting you and me by causing an even more dangerous situation?

• The Following User Says Thank You to weirdo For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (09-11-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weirdo View Post
    who/what law grants them exceptions?
    and if that were the case then that would put them 'above' the law
    one law for the public and another for the police?
    nope sorry, doesn't wash with me
    how is this cop protecting you and me by causing an even more dangerous situation?
    Cops have a special sign they give to each other when they get pulled over etc. They have the drivers licence check etc and then get the ol' I'll give you a warning today on this occasion!

........Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weirdo View Post
    Who says its more dangerous? The criminal sped down the road and hit a car FFS.

• Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast