Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vast no more

Banned

Thanks

All you need with the two dedicated dishes is a switch between the set top boxes and TV, then you can choose which you want watch by flicking the switch between foxtel and vast.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,079 Times in 6,766 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    All you need with the two dedicated dishes is a switch between the set top boxes and TV, then you can choose which you want watch by flicking the switch between foxtel and vast.
    Let's try just one more time to get the message from the OP across..... They don't want VAST... only Foxtel.

No other options, or 'how to connect both advice'.... ONLY Foxtel.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Its highly unlikely Foxtel would use any other dish not installed by them originally and in the OP's area, I doubt Foxtel would allow you to do a 'Self Install' except to replace a defective STB.

My aplogies too MTV as I didnt 'pick up' from your postings that you were familiar with the OP and their installation.
    I gather that based on the Myswitch and the approval for VAST, their Terrestrial reception is as quoted, unreliable.

MTV; I'm well aware of what the OP has and why, as I did the VAST installation for them.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,079 Times in 6,766 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    I gather that based on the Myswitch and the approval for VAST, their Terrestrial reception is as quoted, unreliable.
    Yes Gordon,

Very unreliable terrestrial signals.

At the time of the VAST installation, (some years ago now) the OP didn't wish to subscribe to Foxtel.

This has obviously now changed.

For someone in a 'metro coverage area' who wishes to subscribe to Foxtel, getting the FTA Melbourne channels is preferable to them, such as being able to watch Melbourne news (and commercials) which you can't get with VAST, other than ABC and SBS of course.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

gordon_s1942 (23-01-16)

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12