Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Report Cards Old School

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

Easy in those days, just used a Pk program.....

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Banned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    This is sad in one way when a Kid just cant fit into the school system often for reasons that have nothing to do with their intelligence as I am thinking of a now grown Man whose home life was to say pathetic at best, but he left school, cracked an apprenticeship as a Panel Beater, qualified and worked the Trade for a few years before leaving and now drives Semis doing the heavy/wide loads.
    He has a partner, 2 sub teenage boys, buying a House, has a couple of vehicles (she works as a local Courier) and looks to be doing well when you consider his early life and upbringing.
    It's only sad because the education system is orientated to turning out economic clones and not life educated responsible people. The teachers of today are basically just cloned sheep, with no life experience or knowledge whatsoever and not their fault. Yet they are supposed to teach children about life, when they don't have a clue themselves. What our education system needs is experienced educators, those who have lived life and have a wealth of experience to pass on. Sadly those with life experience are frowned upon and placed on the scrap heap, which makes no sense at all.

I got nothing out of school, but the life I've led, has given me a wealth of varied experience and knowledge of many subjects. It's the same for many people, yet all the knowledge and experience will be wasted, whilst the knowledge less inexperienced run the country, rule our schools and societies. No wonder we are on a rapid down hill race to oblivion, educated by the knowledge less and controlled by over educated fools living in deluded fantasy.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,078 Times in 9,094 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    It's only sad because the education system is orientated to turning out economic clones and not life educated responsible people. The teachers of today are basically just cloned sheep, with no life experience or knowledge whatsoever and not their fault. Yet they are supposed to teach children about life, when they don't have a clue themselves. What our education system needs is experienced educators, those who have lived life and have a wealth of experience to pass on. Sadly those with life experience are frowned upon and placed on the scrap heap, which makes no sense at all.

I got nothing out of school, but the life I've led, has given me a wealth of varied experience and knowledge of many subjects. It's the same for many people, yet all the knowledge and experience will be wasted, whilst the knowledge less inexperienced run the country, rule our schools and societies. No wonder we are on a rapid down hill race to oblivion, educated by the knowledge less and controlled by over educated fools living in deluded fantasy.
    I basically agree with this. The trouble is most of that "broad experience" would not fit into the politically correct box that the current loud PC zealots, AND the courts by way of litigation, are funneling an obedient society into. Its bullsh*t, but that's what is happening.

The digitised zombies that we are raising don't see the internet as a tool either, but rather a way of life and are thus incapable of absorbing real life situations.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Sadly they are not even taught to think these days. I just tried to find an article that was in today's Sunday Mail (Adelaide) about a child who, among the rest of her class was sent home from school as the fire was threatening Stockport. No keeping the kids at school until a responsible adult has collected them, just go home. This girl was found by the local postie who had the temerity to take her in, mum and dad were in the city, and her home had been burnt to the ground. What sort of system do we run where it's ok to send kids home without proper supervision some hours before school is supposed to finish yet it's not ok to keep a kid home from school because the teachers are educated idiots. (I don't, for a moment, think all teachers fall into this category, far from it, but. Who, when a bushfire is threatening, in their right mind, would think that a kid would be in a position to do anything but, either "go missing" or die in such circumstances)
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12