Thread: Maccas Monopoly!

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Default Maccas Monopoly!

We all suspected that it was rigged.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

eaglem (30-11-15),enf (29-11-15),Godzilla (29-11-15),VroomVroom (29-11-15)

Look Here ->
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,062 Times in 9,090 Posts

"A scam only the Hamburglar could love"....hahahahaha

The biggest scam is the food.....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    "A scam only the Hamburglar could love"....hahahahaha

The biggest scam is the food.....
    macca's and food used in the same sentence is an oxymoron

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

enf (29-11-15),Tiny (30-11-15)

Banned

Thanks

Been into a macdonalds once in my life, that was to take my kids there about 30 years ago and would never go there again. But that's how i feel about all take away foods, poison.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    Been into a macdonalds once in my life, that was to take my kids there about 30 years ago and would never go there again. But that's how i feel about all take away foods, poison.
    I thought you'd be at fast food joints all the time to get the veggie oil for your cruiser?

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Like or hate any takeaway chain group, with one exception I have never had a problem with the food over the last 35 odd years unlike some Cafe's where the quality and cooking varied considerably.
    I had a mixed grill one day I could have soled my boots with the steak.
    Before I walk in the door I know what is available and it cost.
    And except where its full on Peak times, their clean and so are the facilities.
    But even then, the places are tided up as soon as possible when it quietens down.
    My pet peeve is with those customers who believe its beneath their dignity to dump their rubbish in the bin and put the tray on top.

But as for 'fiddling' promotions, they wont be the last who has had someone try to cheat them.
    From comments recently made I gather the SUBWAY group stopped honouring those 'Incentive' cards because people were printing them to claim the 'Freebies' available after a certain value of purchases.
    How cheap is that to print a card to get a Choc Chip or Macadamia nut Cookie for FREE ???
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 30-11-15 at 12:28 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,087 Times in 637 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    My pet peeve is with those customers who believe its beneath their dignity to dump their rubbish in the bin and put the tray on top.
    in a lot of countries if you pick up your tray and take it back in McDonalds people look at you like you have 2 heads, they have staff that do it

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

The only place I would NOT return the Tray etc is where you are seated and its brought to you.
    Our Local Club has staff patrolling the dining areas but unlike McDonalds, they dont have a 'Return Area' to do so even if you wanted to.
    I see no problem putting my refuse in the bin at McDonalds anymore than I would leaving everything on the Table after dining with the Queen at Buckingham Palace (if I was ever invited).

When in Rome, etc etc, etc????
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Banned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bob_m_54 View Post
    I thought you'd be at fast food joints all the time to get the veggie oil for your cruiser?
    Get my oil from a friends pub, plus one restaurant which changes their oil daily and sometimes twice a day. Macca's have contracts with oil recyclers who I believe pay for their oil, I get mine free. Once showed some people what came out of the oil I used to get from takeaways and their food was cooked in. They said it must have come from a dirty shop, but it came from a well known junk food shop and its the same with all the oil, saturated with chemicals rubbish and additives.

If you cook food with oil below 180degC, you are asking for trouble and if you cook it to long or repeat cook it, as some do with chips, you are eating pure carcinogenic crap. So the science says.

The cruisers and everything else that runs on VO, always makes people look. They are always looking for who is cooking chips or curry and the added bonus is, VO emits 85% less harmful emissions than fossil oils.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Try the veggie oil in the 4x4 on the beach. You'll get huge flocks of seagulls chasing you.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post

The cruisers and everything else that runs on VO, always makes people look. They are always looking for who is cooking chips or curry and the added bonus is, VO emits 85% less harmful emissions than fossil oils.
    Do you run it in your boat too?
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Banned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bob_m_54 View Post
    Try the veggie oil in the 4x4 on the beach. You'll get huge flocks of seagulls chasing you.
    That happens where ever I park and there are gulls around, same with some crows. Always a good laugh when you see people looking round to see where the nice smell comes from, especially if I'm using oil from the indian curry restaurant and it smells much nicer than what comes out of the kitchen exhausts of macca's and KFC.

Banned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    Do you run it in your boat too?
    Yep run it in all my diesel engines, pretty rare to have the smell of fish and chips or curry arriving at a wharf full of people fishing and see their reactions. The engine is 671gm and along with it's roar and smell, people always notice it.

If we recycled all cooking oil into fuel and got our farmers to grow seed oil crops, we could reduce fuel and transport costs by over 50%. It would also drop the price of takeaways, provide fuel security for our transport and shipping industries, give the farming community long term stabilisation and turn our economy around rapidly. By reducing the huge subsidy they give fossil fuel producers and users, we'd save at least 5 billion a year and not have to import oil or plastics. Seed oils can replace everything fossil oils provide much cheaper, with virtually no pollution, all recyclable and safe.