Thread: Remote Access to CCTV stopped working despite...

Thanks

Default Remote Access to CCTV stopped working despite...

Hi all,

New to the forum, so be gentle.

Here is my problem.

I have had a very basic CCTV set up for a number of years, camera's go to a DVR which then goes to a Telstra (Netgear) Cable Modem.

Recently I have not been able to connect externally of my (LAN) home network. Yes the public IP did change recently, which I adjusted accordingly (it has done so maybe 3 times in 3 years). The ports did not change, and I double checked all just in case.

The interesting thing is when I to access the system at home via my public (WAN) IP it works, when I go via 4G or tether from my mobile to my laptop it no longer works. Coincidentally (or maybe not) Telstra did do some cable network upgrades in the last few days which may be causing the issue (though I'm not sure). Does any one have any advise as to what else it could be? And yes, I have double checked WAN & LAN IPs, ports are open, etc.

Simply put the system no longer worked when I am away from home.

Cheers

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Schnake,

There's a few things to check, try a PC via WAN, like from work/or friends place. This rules out 4G network port blocking via smartphone of tethering.

Under CMD prompt there is a way to check ports are flowing, forget the commend off the top of my head, but you can google it.

Lasting, via LAN is it working to a PC. Some DVRs will not flow via ethernet if the HDD is not working.

IF either of the first two are true, contact telstra...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MCman View Post
    Schnake,

Under CMD prompt there is a way to check ports are flowing, forget the commend off the top of my head, but you can google it.
    think that would be netstat -a

given you can access via normal methods, but not remote (4g / tethered) it sounds like maybe the 4g ip address ranges, may be blocked by the modem
    can you access your modems gui remotely ?
    If i have helped you in anyway, dont forget to hit the Thanks button
    “If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in.”

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by motorolavkg View Post
    think that would be netstat -a

given you can access via normal methods, but not remote (4g / tethered) it sounds like maybe the 4g ip address ranges, may be blocked by the modem
    can you access your modems gui remotely ?
    Problem has been resolved. Ended up being an issue with Telstra. I wasn't the only one affected.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Schnake View Post
    Problem has been resolved. Ended up being an issue with Telstra. I wasn't the only one affected.
    thanks for letting us know it was resolved, and like most issues with telstra, its always on their end in the end, and not the end user
    If i have helped you in anyway, dont forget to hit the Thanks button
    “If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in.”