Thread: Looking for help

Banned
    Thanks

Default Looking for help

In need of some help here. I,m upgrading an existing 42 camera system in a distribution warehouse. It will be some form of analogue high definition (AHD , CVI or TVI) as the existing coax infrastructure will be used. I have identified numerous potential problems for which I'm seeking input to resolve.
    1) There are a couple of cameras running over a VDS (two cameras on one coax) system. I dont believe that analogue HD cameras will operate as HD over this system and so these cameras will remain as is. Correct me if I'm wrong on this.
    2) The existing system has a couple of NPR cameras operating from about 100m from the vehicle entrance gates and using 60mm lens. I cant find any HD analogue cameras with better than 12mm lens. These cameras may also have to remain as they are. Any thoughts on this ?
    3) On top of the very limited range of cameras available only half of them 24V which virtually leaves me NO choice as to cameras to use.

So it seems like he will get HD DVRs and about half the cameras will be HD and thats about it. Anyone got other suggestions? thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Have you thought about going IP. You could use the existing coax for the longer runs with Ethernet over coax, then have cabinets with POE switches in each corner of the warehouse. Then rerun the shorter runs in cat cable.
    Maybe a couple of different systems an IP and a HD Or even a hybrid system so you can use HD for some IP for others like where your cables are split.

Thanks

We have AHD cameras that are about to be released in 24/12V, same cameras as current but with different internal PSUs.
    We can also get full body cameras in AHD and have HD lenses to suit up to 100mm
    if there are two cams on the one coax then I can't help on that one. Perhaps another cable is the only option or IP?

Banned
    Thanks

That sounds good MCman but I've already got the new CVI recorders so CVI it will have to be.
    How far can yoy run ethernet over coax & how pricey are the adapters?

Thanks

Distance depends on what you want to spend but they will go further than you need(over a K). You can get a receiver and transmitter up to 100m on RG59 for under $200 but the more you do the cheaper it can be because you can get receivers with multiple inputs instead of a new one for each camera.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by watchdog View Post
    In need of some help here. I,m upgrading an existing 42 camera system in a distribution warehouse. It will be some form of analogue high definition (AHD , CVI or TVI) as the existing coax infrastructure will be used. I have identified numerous potential problems for which I'm seeking input to resolve.
    1) There are a couple of cameras running over a VDS (two cameras on one coax) system. I dont believe that analogue HD cameras will operate as HD over this system and so these cameras will remain as is. Correct me if I'm wrong on this.
    2) The existing system has a couple of NPR cameras operating from about 100m from the vehicle entrance gates and using 60mm lens. I cant find any HD analogue cameras with better than 12mm lens. These cameras may also have to remain as they are. Any thoughts on this ?
    3) On top of the very limited range of cameras available only half of them 24V which virtually leaves me NO choice as to cameras to use.

So it seems like he will get HD DVRs and about half the cameras will be HD and thats about it. Anyone got other suggestions? thanks
    Go look at some Dahua products, they can pretty much do everything you want. The NVRs are now tribrid meaning they will take analogue, IP or CVI cameras.
    I was very impressed with their CVI offering the HD images are exceptional, at a fraction of the cost of IP cameras and no latency what so ever all over coax or cat5 with balun.

Banned
    Thanks

I've looked at Dahua and the camera choice is still pretty meagre

Thanks

like someone else said above, i would be lookng at using ip over coax. We've done it successfully a fair few times before but it can get expensive if its overlooked in the first place

Banned
    Thanks

Show me where I can get an IP camera with a 60mm lens

Thanks

sorry missed that. Good luck

Thanks

Plenty of IP cameras that you can put a 60mm+ lens on if you're willing to spend the cash. Not very cheap but available, maybe not if you're using Dahua gear.

Banned
    Thanks

So point me in the right direction

Thanks

HikVision Dark Fighter then add CS mount lens to suit. Or go with Avigilon and add any Canon EF mount compatible lens.

Thanks

Like above Hikvision make a full body camera and up to at least 50mm lens. Avigilon HDpro range but they are nice and expensive.

Thanks

I'd say go with Hikvision, HD-TVI solution. If you can afford it go with IP, however, 42 IP cameras will each up your bandwidth unless you wire everything like a digital solution.