Thread: DVD/Blu Ray player with Digital Tuner?

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default DVD/Blu Ray player with Digital Tuner?

Is/was such a devise available or have I been off with the Fairies again ??
    Sometime in the near future I will have to buy 'something' with a MPEG 4 compliant tuner as with one exception, none of my TV's can receive the format and I am not throwing out the less than 3 year old TV's I have because of that.
    I was in HN today looking for prices to find they had no STB's in stock but I did notice some DVD/BluRays going for some ridiculous price (under $50) and I had a 'thought' that might be the way to go but only if the 'Price is Right'.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Panasonic, Sony, Lg and Samsung all do such devices but are not cheap $300+, so you have not been off with the fairies :-).

Example:

OR

What about an android box with a tv tuner, just set up one for a friend and works great. Picks up all channels and works great with Kodi too.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joezep View Post
    Panasonic, Sony, Lg and Samsung all do such devices but are not cheap $300+, so you have not been off with the fairies :-).

Example:

OR

What about an android box with a tv tuner, just set up one for a friend and works great. Picks up all channels and works great with Kodi too.

Thank you for that Info and the kind comment that I still have a few grey cells functioning but I am getting slower every day with technology.
    A couple of years ago I tried a Media Box and thought it was defective or incompatible with the TV and returned it but I later worked out that the problem was me!!
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!