Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for a best system cctv available

Thanks

Default looking for a best system cctv available

hi guys,
    My Nuvico DVR has just packed it in and been out of the cctv game for a few years now, so looking for some info on what's best out there at the moment,
    I'm not interested in anything from eBay, not too worried about the price and not after anything cheap,
    I want a High Def system preferably about to use current coax and BNC fittings and wiring (don't want IP system) with great clarity 8 or so cameras a mix of indoor & outdoor cameras, with excellent night capability's at night in very low light, point me to brands and models out there not wanting specs on what to look for I need model numbers and brands.
    thanks guys let me know what you think

Look Here ->

Thanks

My 2c: if you really care about quality, think again about using an IP system. The difference in quality is amazing - it's like going from a pinhole lens film camera to a decent digital still camera - particularly when you need to play back a recorded event. It may be the difference between seeing a recognisable face versus a blurry blob.

Again, if you really care about quality, get someone who really knows what they are doing to choose the right cameras and the right mounting locations. It's part science and part art form. Getting the right camera for the job in the right location to avoid sun shining in the lens and deep shadows etc can be the difference between an "ok" camera system and a "great" camera system.

Thanks

Been doing a little research, what do people think of the hikvision systems?

Banned
    Thanks

I have just been through the same exercise and here is what I found. Not including all the "adaptors , convertors etc" if you are wanting High Def analogue running over coax the you have 4 options. Composite Video Interface (CVI) , Transport Video Interface (TVI) , Serial Digital Interface (SDI) or Analogue High Definition (AHD).
    SDI was designed primarily for the TV industry , is limited in transmission length and expensive. Was the first kid on the block but is fading from sight for CCTV
    AHD is the newest kid on the block and hasn't really made a mark yet. Still in the acceptance stage.
    CVI & TVI are pretty much the same creature locked in a battle for supremecey. I think Dahua are the major CVI manufacturer & Hickvision are the major TVI manufacturer.

Dahua & Hickvision probably make 80% of all cameras available.
    Product availability is fairly limited at this stage. Your choice of cameras are usually 1 , 2 or 3 Mp bullet or dome , fixed lens or 12mm varifocal

Thanks

Nothing wrong with some 3MP hikvision cameras and NVR..
    check out some youtube videos on hikvision image quality - 2CD2332 keyword

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joecub View Post
    Been doing a little research, what do people think of the hikvision systems?
    I thought you werent interested in anything from ebay ? Ebay has tonnes.

Thanks

I like the look of the hikvision and seen some videos but read that they are rebadge Swann?

Thanks

I mean in not after anything cheap on eBay as in generic brands, I know you can pretty much buy anything on eBay 🏻

Thanks

We use to install Nuvico primarily but not any longer. You can't go wrong with Samsung. You should look at some of the Samsung NVR range the 1670D is a very good reliable NVR with great quality imagery. Are you using it indoors or outdoors. Samsung do have a very nice vandal proof external camera but it is a bit on the pricey side.

Banned
    Thanks

I like the look of the hikvision and seen some videos but read that they are rebadge Swann?
    Yep - pretty sure Swann are a world leader in CCTV design & manufacture Bahahahbahah

• The Following User Says Thank You to watchdog For This Useful Post:

Flighhigh (29-02-16)

Thanks

I'm wanting a mix of indoor and outdoor with good outdoor night viewing capabilities

Thanks

cant really go wrong with the simplicity of Hik. the cameras are pretty good from what ive seen as well

Thanks

check out their new 4mp cameras, for the cost of them, just buy one and evaluate it - you cant go wrong

Thanks

If you are going to use the existing cable then you have a choice of any CVI, TVI or AHD systems. I quite like CVI the 2.1MP cameras give very sharp HD images.

Thanks

According to this site Swann use rebranded Hikvision products.

sparky

Thanks

Hik do a fair bit of OEM as can be expected from a manufacturer their size. Just be mindful that if you do buy their gear and want to add or replace a camera down the track, you'll need to make sure its for the same region. They do their best to control the distribution of their product into specific regions by altering the firmware.

Thanks

There's a few major players in China (of course), and as someone pointed out earlier in the thread, Hikvision is pushing HD-TVI and Dahua HD-CVI (these are their babies), with HD-TVI now being manufactured by everyone BUT Dahua, it's only the sheer size of Dahua keeping it alive. HD-SDI still have some camera manufacturers manufacturing them in Europe and China, but it's mostly for the biometric/analytics market. Technically you COULD use your existing coax for IP cameras using converters, and I wish you the very best of luck with that, as they're nothing but problems. We use Q-See stuff, and our own brand (Perisale) of course, and without being TOO biased (yeah right LOL), both brands are actually good cameras. Like most of the industry in Australia, we've abandoned HD-SDI,(unless it's for analytics and even then we'd usually use IP) and have shifted to AHD, and HD-TVI. HD-TVI is slightly in front of AHD in what you can do with it in regards to quality of the images, which is pretty much what's keeping it alive. AHD is obviously cheaper, but not as good in quality. (Still better than traditional analogue systems).
    The quality of your cable being used WILL affect the quality of a TVI system, but AHD (so far anyway) will accept even copper annealed premade junk you often get off Ebay, usually (there's a good reason these ones aren't to Aussie specs) from a generic no namer.
    Hope that helps.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

It's the other way around. Swann are releasing "professional" recorders that are rebadged HIK Vision units. HIK Vision is one of the world's largest CCTV manufacturer, they also provide an OEM service so it's not uncommon to find a lot of their cheap gear flogged off on ebay by lesser known brand names.

Thanks

Swann gear is from a company called EZ-Watching. Not HIKvision unless its recent change.

What most people don't realise with Hikvision is that we don't see most of their gear, just some of their more budget items. Their good gear, 4 and 6 line series is premium and some of the very best out there and this is not promoted in Australia like it could be.
    They have just achieved a world first with 100,000+ cameras in Singapore City and are pushing big around the world in the premium space against Avigilon, mobotix, Axis and the like and considerably extending their range like thermals, drones, action cams.
    If you want decent, then look at their Lightfighter and darkfighter series, quite incredible the IQ out of this range.
    What people don't realise is that Hikvision have over 60% market share in Asia and this has led to Blackmarket copies branded as Hikvision and imported through eBay or parallel imports. So they are cheap for a reason.

If you want Hikvision then make sure you go through a reputable dealer since its the only way to know you are getting the real goods.

• The Following User Says Thank You to MCman For This Useful Post:

Flighhigh (29-02-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by intelliGEORGE View Post
    It's the other way around. Swann are releasing "professional" recorders that are rebadged HIK Vision units. HIK Vision is one of the world's largest CCTV manufacturer, they also provide an OEM service so it's not uncommon to find a lot of their cheap gear flogged off on ebay by lesser known brand names.
    Latest figures put Hikvision at #1 on manufacturing of CCTV products (#2 in the world for all security products just behind Honeywell and likely to eclipse them this year) and Dahua at #2, according to asmag (link below)

This obviously isn't an indication of how good the quality of their products happen to be, but it's a definite indication of the popularity of the brand.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast