Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easy Cino Coffee

Thanks

Default Easy Cino Coffee

Has anyone fell for the Free coffee machine from Easy Cino ?? I did , and they are trying to slug me $570, after I realised they took 3 fortnightly payments of $56.70 from my credit card I cancelled my card so now I'm just waiting to see what their next move is in a week or so, when they rang to congratulate me on wining there was no mention of any ongoing payments, I assumed they wanted my credit card to pay a one off postage fee. Ps the same machine at Target is $49.00

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,648 Posts

Contact your bank and tell them you didn't authorize the other payments, you only authorized it once for postage.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Godzilla For This Useful Post:

Rick (13-01-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Contact your bank and tell them you didn't authorize the other payments, you only authorized it once for postage.

Yeah did that, but bank said because i gave them my card number they cant retrieve those payments, but i still have 700 coffee pods so not that worried >

Thanks

So if you give your credit card details to someone for one thing, they can still keep dipping in claiming its for something else you agreed to but you didnt?

Did they record you agreeing to the payments? Did you agree to some terms allowing them to take the money every fortnight?

Hell buy parts from me with your credit card and ill claim the parts are being paid off or leased with fortnightly payments......

Smells sus, id say you didnt read or you agreed to some terms with the purchase, its the only way they can keep pulling money from your account legally, im surprised the bank does not see this or know you got it wrong, it was a one off payment for postage and nothing else.

If they did pull money without your consent and the bank wont help, go to the banking ombudsman and report the theft to the police.
    Last edited by Godzilla; 13-01-16 at 09:38 PM.

Thanks

Hang on is this the offer?

No free postage, they are in the right slugging you regularly, and i wouldn't be surprised to see debt collectors at your door in the near future.......

Have a read of their terms and conditions.

Thanks

So if you give your credit card details to someone for one thing, they can still keep dipping in claiming its for something else you agreed to but you didnt?

Did they record you agreeing to the payments? Did you agree to some terms allowing them to take the money every fortnight?

Hell buy parts from me with your credit card and ill claim the parts are being paid off or leased with fortnightly payments......

Smells sus, id say you didnt read or you agreed to some terms with the purchase, its the only way they can keep pulling money from your account legally, im surprised the bank does not see this or know you got it wrong, it was a one off payment for postage and nothing else.

If they did pull money without your consent and the bank wont help, go to the banking ombudsman and report the theft to the police.
    Yeah it was all a bit strange there was no mention of any payment plan nor did i sign anything, if they had of told me about the total cost was $570 i would have bailed out straight away. all i did was fill out the survey on line and a week later they ring and said congratulations you win, anyway they cant take any more money, so now it will probably be a shit fight when they try for their next payment when the card is cancelled.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,471 Times in 1,531 Posts

Alarm bells would have rang straight away with the word FREE, nothings for free in this world LOL, and never give your CC details to anyone

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rick For This Useful Post:

admin (15-01-16),Godzilla (14-01-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

I came across a similar scam years ago. A company was placing "free" machines in shops but in fact were signing them up with GE Finance to purchase the machines. Better have a look at what you or maybe employees have signed or otherwise agreed to. GE regarded themselves as blameless, and pursued victims quite aggressively.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,964 Times in 9,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Alarm bells would have rang straight away with the word FREE, nothings for free in this world LOL, and never give your CC details to anyone
    Hell yeah....

I'll give you free advice if you want, but if you take it it could cost you.....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (14-01-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Hell yeah....

I'll give you free advice if you want, but if you take it it could cost you.....

Oh well i have paid $170 and i have the machine and 700 coffee pods better than nothing...yeah

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DB44 View Post
    I came across a similar scam years ago. A company was placing "free" machines in shops but in fact were signing them up with GE Finance to purchase the machines. Better have a look at what you or maybe employees have signed or otherwise agreed to. GE regarded themselves as blameless, and pursued victims quite aggressively.
    Yes I came across this scam when I owned my cafe/take-away, this smooth talker representing a company called Cookies Chicken, he offered me all the free machines and the bling, he got annoyed when I offered him a coffee and told him to sit down while I read the small print, ($20000 to pay), I peered over the paperwork, give him a glare, tore the papers right up in his face laughed at him, took his 3/4 cup of coffee and poured it all the other shit he had sitting on the table, and told him to get out of my shop as fast as he can LOL
    Last edited by Rick; 14-01-16 at 12:43 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rick For This Useful Post:

DB44 (13-01-16),Godzilla (14-01-16)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

From the link, Godz gave, there is precious little to tell you what the costs are, but their T&C do state that there is an ongoing cost, and a requirement to purchase 700 capsules to get the free machine. Sounds like a rip off, but, you may well need to ring them and discuss your options before you get dirty letters from them.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (14-01-16)

Thanks

Hang on is this the offer?

No free postage, they are in the right slugging you regularly, and i wouldn't be surprised to see debt collectors at your door in the near future.......

Have a read of their terms and conditions.
    Yes i have seen that, but none of that was on the survey i filled out, and it was only some asian girl that rang me she said nothing about terms/cond... or on going payments, im not a dunce i would not have entered into any of this crap if i had know about the price etc, i was told it was free and thats it . but anyway thanks to everybody for their comments.

Thanks

Nothing is for free in life....nothing.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Godzilla For This Useful Post:

Rick (14-01-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HILLVIEW103 View Post
    Oh well i have paid $170 and i have the machine and 700 coffee pods better than nothing...yeah
    Best get ready for a visit from a debt collector then. I would strongly recommend you contact the office of fair trading or ACCC representative in your state to check out what rights you have.
    A verbal agreement over the phone is legal and unless you have also recorded it then you have no evidence that you didn't agree to read their T&C's online or agree to payments etc.

Good luck

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mi_tasol For This Useful Post:

Dishtrackted (02-08-16),freakee1 (17-01-16)

Thanks

I think the biggest issue is, since you readily gave them your CC details you are locked in Eddie to a contract, try contacting them, explain that you didnt fully understand what you were getting into, it appears you are paying for a coffee capsule bulk purchase and membership?

Banned

Thanks

Just had a look at the easy chino site and it's supposed free machine. It says throughout the page you'll be paying it off and if you read it all correctly, they are offering free delivery of the machine, not a free machine. These companies survive because they know fools won't read the details, just the big print.

No different to Harvey normal and others who offer free interest and no payments for X months, what people don't realise is the interest and costs are within the paid price and if you don't pay it off within the time, you will end up paying the charges and interest twice. Luckily for the corporate world, clones only read the propaganda and big print, always avoiding the real stated facts.
    Last edited by spook; 14-01-16 at 10:34 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

If worst comes to worst, at least in NSW, the Consumer, Trading and Tenancy Tribunal is cheap and effective., Fill in a form seeking an order you don't have to pay and a refund, pay a smaill fee, and you have a reasonable and cheap way to resolve the dispute. You must start such an action before they commence Court Proceedings against you. There are similar Tribunals in other states, but of course procedure, jurisdiction etc varies. One thing that you will not be able to do is keep the machine and the consumables without paying for them. You must act consistently with what you say happened, even if it means giving away some advantage. If you don't have a contract and your not paying them, then you should be asking them to pick up the machine. If you really don't want to return the machine until the matter is resolved, and I can understand this, the least you should do is invite them to pick up their machine and consumables upon repayment to you of the amount(s) deducted from your credit card. You can still get into trouble this way, but at least you are acting consistently with your position.

• The Following User Says Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

Rick (14-01-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

I would get on the front foot and send an email to info@easycino.com.au
    I would also follow the advice above about getting on to fair trading in your state and lodging a claim against them before proceedings are lodged against you.
    Being on the front foot and trying to solve the issue before heading to fair trading is looked very favourably upon.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

DB44 (14-01-16),HILLVIEW103 (16-01-16)

Thanks

Tell them you were drunk

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast