Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 69, seems to be the age to let go.......

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

Default 69, seems to be the age to let go.......

Last edited by hoe; 15-01-16 at 02:19 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

eaglem (15-01-16),enf (15-01-16),mtv (18-01-16),Tiny (15-01-16)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Die Hard ?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,109 Times in 9,100 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sublib25 View Post
    Die Hard ?
    With a vengeance.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Keith (15-01-16)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Donald Trump is 69........here's hoping!
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

bigbear (15-01-16),Guiseppe (15-01-16),jok11n (15-01-16),Rick (15-01-16),Tiny (15-01-16)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,311 Posts

A great actor who will be missed. RIP

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mandc For This Useful Post:

eaglem (15-01-16),enf (15-01-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,087 Times in 637 Posts

69 is the new 27

Banned

Thanks

Sure is lots dropping off at around that age, but not the time to drop off unless you've not done anything to overcome the earlier abuse of your body and mind. When reaching you're 60's, you either take a different direction and approach, or you endure a very slow agony of death. Everyone gets a warning of health problems years before they rear their heads, either by a doctor, loved ones or the voice in your head reminding you of the consequences of your lifestyle.

Sadly the majority take no notice and continue down their destructive path in fearful denial, until reality taps them on the shoulder and takes over and then it is to late. So sad to lose such wonderful creative talent, but the expression of that talent does come with huge temptations and mental stress. For some reason the most talented creative humans, seem to only be able to reach those creative heights, via mind altering drugs and some just can't get off the merry go round in time.

You see this in the entertainment industry every day and it doesn't just effect the best, at some time it effects everyone in the industry and seems the price many have to pay to be able to express their talents successfully.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    Everyone gets a warning of health problems years before they rear their heads, either by a doctor, loved ones or the voice in your head reminding you of the consequences of your lifestyle.

This is one time i will totally disagree with you mate

my mother inlaw got a headache one day and 6 weeks later she was dead brain tumor that
    had shown no symptoms ( 51yrs }

my father passed last yr with cancer no signs showed till it was to late ( 76yrs )

a great old member from this forum ( gw1 ) felt ill one day only to find out he had cancer
    and passed several months later ( around 40yrs of age )

and if it was not for a simple fk it just remove it response to a doctor over what had been
    diagnosed as a birth mark my wife would also be dead from cancer. they removed it and
    36hrs later had half her face removed and 4 plastic surgeries later got the all clear
    only for it to return in her arm for which they removed a 2" section almost to the bone
    all the way around her upper arm.

So no some times your boddy tells you fk all and its just part of life and you die.

all the above lead healthy lives and did not drink or smoke.
    dont say linux if i wanted it id install it

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fandtm666 For This Useful Post:

cobra679 (16-01-16),gulliver (15-01-16),mtv (18-01-16)

Banned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by diavalo13666 View Post
    This is one time i will totally disagree with you mate

my mother inlaw got a headache one day and 6 weeks later she was dead brain tumor that
    had shown no symptoms ( 51yrs }

my father passed last yr with cancer no signs showed till it was to late ( 76yrs )

a great old member from this forum ( gw1 ) felt ill one day only to find out he had cancer
    and passed several months later ( around 40yrs of age )

and if it was not for a simple fk it just remove it response to a doctor over what had been
    diagnosed as a birth mark my wife would also be dead from cancer. they removed it and
    36hrs later had half her face removed and 4 plastic surgeries later got the all clear
    only for it to return in her arm for which they removed a 2" section almost to the bone
    all the way around her upper arm.

So no some times your boddy tells you fk all and its just part of life and you die.

all the above lead healthy lives and did not drink or smoke.
    Not even going to try to change your thought pattern, denial of their own reality is the most important part of most humans existence and it's a waste of time to try to convince them otherwise with known scientific medical facts. Those leading healthy lives, unless confronted by a genetic or working, living environmental problem don't die of cancer or brain tumours.

My elder sister died a few months ago from a brain tumour, she said she had no symptoms, yet upon talking to her not long before she died, she had many little things occur she ignored because they seemed to go away quickly. Yet added up, they indicated a bad problem.

My younger brother killed himself earlier last year at 68, when diagnosed with bowel cancer. he had dismissed the small random symptoms leading to it, until one day he was so sick he went to the quack and had tests. The results were inoperable and terminal, with palliative care the only alternative. So he went home, drunk and smoked himself to death in less than a week, telling no one. He was found by his daughter days later when he failed to turn up to see her. To me that was unbelievable selfish of him to submit his daughter to the horror of finding him.

The majority of people spend their time trying to counter the effects of their diet and lifestyle, the majority always reject the underlying indicative symptoms that tend to show up randomly, then quickly go away. It's when those symptoms don't go away or really effect their life that they take action, then it is years to late.

There's a huge difference in what we assume and what is real health wise, when you consider the effects the diets of people have on their daily lives, it's not that hard to see they probably can't differentiate the difference between recent junk food digestive problems and the associated underlying degenerative symptoms.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,240 Times in 1,921 Posts

....My elder sister died a few months ago from a brain tumour, she said she had no symptoms, yet upon talking to her not long before she died, she had many little things occur she ignored because they seemed to go away quickly. Yet added up, they indicated a bad problem....
    Oh what a wonderful thing 20/20 hindsight is.

Great brother you turned out to be, you knew what was wrong with your elder sister and yet did nothing....
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following User Says Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

Seymour Butts (15-01-16)

Banned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    Oh what a wonderful thing 20/20 hindsight is.

Great brother you turned out to be, you knew what was wrong with your elder sister and yet did nothing....
    Maybe you should learn to read, but that's the sort of reply one would expect from the deluded, desperate to attack or find fault because they're afraid of someone with a different outlook on life. Pretty funny really, but a good indication of the psychology behind it.

Where in my post do I say I knew of her symptoms before she did. I only talked to her a few weeks before her death because we live in different states and lead very different lives, with little contact over the years. When I asked her if she had any prior indications of the problem, she explained to me she should have taken notice of the small mental and physical sporadic events that she dismissed.

She contacted me because she knew I'd been through a very similar thing at an early age and had made it through. Sadly she had left it to late and was in no condition to attempt a recovery.

• The Following User Says Thank You to spook For This Useful Post:

gulliver (15-01-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

Most people i know smoke and have smoked from childhood, i still have not lost someone to lung cancer. 9not saying its not possible.

I can however recall many friends with healthy lifestyles passing away, some being lucky and making it through too.

My sister was always super healthy and exercised (she is in medicine) and was diagnosed with a rare aggressive form of cancer a decade ago, one tumor was the size of a loaf of bread in her stomach region, it spread right through her, eventually after some new chemo drugs and a operation to remove most of her organs so the surgeon could go through each one attending to what the chemo missed, she survived. (missing her reproductive organs and a few feet of intestines)

Both my wifes best freinds also lived a healthy balanced lifestyle, both dead in their 30's and 40's.

Certainly made me rethink whats good and bad, sure smoking is not a good thing, but chances are some other cancer might get you first.....

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Most people i know smoke and have smoked from childhood, i still have not lost someone to lung cancer. 9not saying its not possible.

I can however recall many friends with healthy lifestyles passing away, some being lucky and making it through too.

My sister was always super healthy and exercised (she is in medicine) and was diagnosed with a rare aggressive form of cancer a decade ago, one tumor was the size of a loaf of bread in her stomach region, it spread right through her, eventually after some new chemo drugs and a operation to remove most of her organs so the surgeon could go through each one attending to what the chemo missed, she survived. (missing her reproductive organs and a few feet of intestines)

Both my wifes best freinds also lived a healthy balanced lifestyle, both dead in their 30's and 40's.

Certainly made me rethink whats good and bad, sure smoking is not a good thing, but chances are some other cancer might get you first.....
    You are only supposed to have one Zill

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by watchdog View Post
    You are only supposed to have one Zill
    FFS, don't tell me THAT'S the secret. I couldn't hope to cope with two.........

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

cobra679 (16-01-16)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,240 Times in 1,921 Posts

Maybe you should learn to read, but that's the sort of reply one would expect from the deluded, desperate to attack or find fault because they're afraid of someone with a different outlook on life. Pretty funny really, but a good indication of the psychology behind it.

Where in my post do I say I knew of her symptoms before she did. I only talked to her a few weeks before her death because we live in different states and lead very different lives, with little contact over the years. When I asked her if she had any prior indications of the problem, she explained to me she should have taken notice of the small mental and physical sporadic events that she dismissed.

She contacted me because she knew I'd been through a very similar thing at an early age and had made it through. Sadly she had left it to late and was in no condition to attempt a recovery.
    That's the sort of reply one would expect from the deluded, desperate to attack or find fault because they're afraid of someone with a different outlook on life. Pretty funny really, but a good indication of the psychology behind it.
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,079 Times in 6,766 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    FFS, don't tell me THAT'S the secret. I couldn't hope to cope with two.........
    The sentence for having two wives would be having two mothers-in-law.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

Ok you know what i meant guys.

Im not dumb enough to have 2 Wives, but i am dumb enough to have 1 and not smart enough to have had none.

Thanks

I knew a guy who had 4....

Thanks

Sure is lots dropping off at around that age, but not the time to drop off unless you've not done anything to overcome the earlier abuse of your body and mind. When reaching you're 60's, you either take a different direction and approach, or you endure a very slow agony of death. Everyone gets a warning of health problems years before they rear their heads, either by a doctor, loved ones or the voice in your head reminding you of the consequences of your lifestyle.

Sadly the majority take no notice and continue down their destructive path in fearful denial, until reality taps them on the shoulder and takes over and then it is to late. So sad to lose such wonderful creative talent, but the expression of that talent does come with huge temptations and mental stress. For some reason the most talented creative humans, seem to only be able to reach those creative heights, via mind altering drugs and some just can't get off the merry go round in time.

You see this in the entertainment industry every day and it doesn't just effect the best, at some time it effects everyone in the industry and seems the price many have to pay to be able to express their talents successfully.
    What's the point of living until you are 150 if you spend that last half of your life as a celibate sober monk?

• The Following User Says Thank You to mi_tasol For This Useful Post:

Reschs (16-01-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

I had a 69 once........what was the topic again?
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

cobra679 (16-01-16),Godzilla (15-01-16),mi_tasol (15-01-16)

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast