Thread: Hikvision faults

Thanks

Default Hikvision faults

Just curious to know how many of you frequently use Hikvision CCTV (genuine Hikvision gear, not the grey market stuff) and what your fault rate is with cameras/recorders?

I have been using them for a while but finding that I am sending a fair few back under warranty.
    Have had a heap not work out of the box, some die a month or so after installing (on a variety of installation environments) and so on.

Can't knock our supplier, they have always been exceptional with warranties and backup service.

Am I the only one?

Look Here ->

Thanks

Had some firmware related issues early on but that all seems to have settled down now. The only thing I've seen coming back in has been cameras and it's typically been related to a dodgy power connector. For the amount of their equipment we have in the field, I've seen far fewer issues than with anything else I've used in the past few years from the bigger names.

Thanks

Hey Belltech - are you using POE or powering locally? - i ask as POE i have had no issues at all, local power, a few.
    Ditto firmware issues - seems to be resolved.