Page 30 of 133 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

No RBT in South Orz. You think that govt spending is scary in that worldometer , look at the spending on illegal drugs!!!!!!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Non Essential Services....

Bottle Shops?
    Bunnings?
    eBay is gonna fly

Last edited by ol' boy; 22-03-20 at 09:11 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

ScoMo is blind on both eyes, like most Liberal/Nationals and should get the death penalty for putting our children and our lives at risk with his stubborn stupidity.

Children are like trojan horses when it comes to this virus. They are often not symptomatic but can be carriers. Unlike Singapore we can't test all of them before they go to school.

All other shut down measures are totally pointless when the virus can spread freely through our kids at schools in 6x6m classrooms of 30.

When we surpass Italy he will probably still force us to bring our kids to school, although the survivors are all home just watching Netflix.

I don't know what penalty we will get for all the "unexplained absence" but at least we will probably still be alive to receive it.

Edit: just read on ABC parents can keep their children at home if they want to, so maybe not a penalty at least if the school cooperates.
    Lets hope the parents have some common sense so the remaining classes can be kept very small.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 22-03-20 at 10:19 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

gulliver (23-03-20),hinekadon (22-03-20),Mr 672A (23-03-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    Only for the two Labor governed states(go figure) VIC, ACT.
    I am happy to read that ACT seems to be following what I suggested above, while VIC bringing holidays forward is not such a good idea in the middle of all the work flow and assignments. Distance education is the way to go.
    Google classroom can run on any old puter just with the Firefox browser, even Linux I tested. At least the setup my son's public high school uses.
    I have kept him home preemptively since last Wednesday. Home schooling is fun. Teachers have provided all their resources.
    We will now have plenty of time to learn to become teachers, not just Netflix 24/7.

It's not really that simple for distance education in the country as most schoolsare mot set up for learning from home.
    School servers just wont take the bandwidth with the current setup, and many country schools just wont cope.

My young blokes school has been doing some testing and there will be huge delays. Might be ok for some of the Perth schools or in the bigger regional centres, but it will take time for it to all come together.
    Maybe Vic's idea of bringing the holidays closer might work in the favour. WA doesn't finish til April 10 so that means the term is 3 weeks til finish.

Although with the way things are going they may shut down by the end of this week, which will cause it's own set of problems. Then going into the normal cold and flu season will again have a new set of issues.

Anyway time for everyone to stay safe and think before we do our normal days events.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by efab View Post
    It's not really that simple for distance education in the country as most schoolsare mot set up for learning from home.
    School servers just wont take the bandwidth with the current setup, and many country schools just wont cope.

My young blokes school has been doing some testing and there will be huge delays. Might be ok for some of the Perth schools or in the bigger regional centres, but it will take time for it to all come together.
    Maybe Vic's idea of bringing the holidays closer might work in the favour. WA doesn't finish til April 10 so that means the term is 3 weeks til finish.

Although with the way things are going they may shut down by the end of this week, which will cause it's own set of problems. Then going into the normal cold and flu season will again have a new set of issues.

Anyway time for everyone to stay safe and think before we do our normal days events.

I am doing home schooling right now, regional area. It uses very little bandwidth.
    They download docx files with the info and tasks and when finished upload similar small files on google drive or in what they call the shared area.
    There is a chat section to communicate with the teacher and each other, all very low bandwidth.

Watching a movie on Netflix has way more bandwidth and when all the parents have to stay home when they get laid off from work our ISPs might run into trouble with all the TV streaming. That may effect distance ed.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 22-03-20 at 10:34 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    No RBT in South Orz.
    I actually appreciated his candor & professionalism ~ stood 2metres away, explained he'd need ask all the questions first | have you been tested for the virus? | have you just returned from overseas recently? | do you know or have you visited anyone you suspect might have the virus? | Are you aware of the virus symptoms? | how is your current state of health? .... indicated to me the breeze was blowing one way, so he explained he'd hold the breathalyzer at arm's length and point the end of the tube away from us both....nice guy. Went on to say he had only pulled me over, because he was curious why I had just come off a certain side-road, didn't know my car, and just wanted to check me out --- why?

Did we all think of this?....businesses shut down, all employees at home, number of break&enters on the rise ..."Scumbags" I said, he totally agreed.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

ScoMo is blind on both eyes, like most Liberal/Nationals and should get the death penalty for putting our children and our lives at risk with his stubborn stupidity.

Children are like trojan horses when it comes to this virus. They are often not symptomatic but can be carriers. Unlike Singapore we can't test all of them before they go to school.

All other shut down measures are totally pointless when the virus can spread freely through our kids at schools in 6x6m classrooms of 30.

When we surpass Italy he will probably still force us to bring our kids to school, although the survivors are all home just watching Netflix.

I don't know what penalty we will get for all the "unexplained absence" but at least we will probably still be alive to receive it.

Edit: just read on ABC parents can keep their children at home if they want to, so maybe not a penalty at least if the school cooperates.
    Lets hope the parents have some common sense so the remaining classes can be kept very small.
    Yeah...better off going with Eachway Albo and the ABC I guess....and not the national health experts.

Look, ScoMo is just one cog in the wheel that encompasses all states and territories. The ALP have more members than the Coalition in the decision making process, but your near obsessive hatred of the conservatives clouds ANY reasonable conclusions that you come up with. In my view they have done a reasonable job trying to cope with the impossible and the unknowable.

Jees nm....you truly amaze me sometimes, you truly do.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (23-03-20),george65 (23-03-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

All thus doomsday scenario bullshit reminds me of the horror that y2k was going to rain down on society....

Wonder how we'll be viewing covid19 in 20 years time.....

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by hoe; 23-03-20 at 11:14 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Yeah...better off going with Eachway Albo and the ABC I guess....and not the national health experts.

Look, ScoMo is just one cog in the wheel that encompasses all states and territories. The ALP have more members than the Coalition in the decision making process, but your near obsessive hatred of the conservatives clouds ANY reasonable conclusions that you come up with. In my view they have done a reasonable job trying to cope with the impossible and the unknowable.

Jees nm....you truly amaze me sometimes, you truly do.

Sorry if you are insulted that I criticise your sonny boy.
    The ALP governed states have the common sense to do the right thing with their schools
    Your hate about anything from the left blinds you from the situation.

If ScoMo and his amazing Med 'expert' had done a reasonable job we would have a curve like Hong Kong, not like Italy. Early action is vital and has been in the wanting up to now.

I don't want to repeat all my posts that explain why that is so important that you obviously have ignored.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

The ALP governed states have the common sense to do the right thing with their schools

If ScoMo and his amazing Med 'expert' had done a reasonable job we would have a curve like Hong Kong, not like Italy. Early action is vital and has been in the wanting up to now.

I don't want to repeat all my posts that explain why that is so important that you obviously have ignored.
    Hahahaha...FFS. It's not Scomos medical expert. Its the federal chief medical officer and the state chief medical officers in consensus with each other. This is a multi party committee making these decisions, the majority of which are Labor.

I know that you know better than them all. I understand your omniscient brilliance and all that, and that you think the sun shines out of the ALPs arse. You will just have to forgive me for cautiously acceding to their collective judgement (not Scomos) in such a difficult and unpredictable environment and not running my life based on the latest episode of "Uncle Fester Says".

Today I have to drive to Sydney and admit my eldest daughter to Westmead Hospital for a week of epilepsy tests. Her younger sister and the missus are going with her as live in observers. It's concerning. I hope they won't get stuck there with the restrictions and so on, as well as remain virus free. I just have to put my faith in the medical advice given.

But rest assured, I'll keep an eye your anti Scomo show.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (23-03-20),george65 (23-03-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

hazman (23-03-20),hinekadon (23-03-20),lsemmens (23-03-20),wotnot (23-03-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    All thus doomsday scenario bullshit reminds me of the horror that y2k was going to rain down on society....

Wonder how well be viewing covid19 in 20 years time.....

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
    Probably on a graphic with the rest of them

4 weeks ago in Italy there was 1 death from COVID-19, just 1....

340,000 cases world wide now, yesterday there was 230,000 at about this time

Last edited by ol' boy; 23-03-20 at 06:31 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

I dont get it.
    Looking at sydney airpotr arrivals board for this morning...

7 30 bangcock
    7 35 Singapore
    7 40 denpasar
    7 40m Auckland
    7 45 christ church
    8 00 Auckland
    8 10 los angles
    8 15 wellington
    8 26 seoul

If this is the airport no wonder schools are still open and i can see how well the rest of the lockdown is going to be.

Haven't even looked at the other airports yet. Are they even taking thentemps of these people getting off the planes? They are dpingnthat ro my cousin in dubai before they put gloves on herband let her into the supermarket.

Here people get off a plane and go into the wild.....and catch thebairport train home .

Something stinks here.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

I am with you when it come to Children and there germs that they carry. Like you said and its true "Children are like trojan horses when it comes to this virus". The last 10 years when my kids stop going to School I stopped getting the flu or other. I will never forget when I was at our Main Shopping centre and sitting on a lounge where oldie sit and a group of kids around 12 to 16 and one of them coughed in front of me above me as I was sitting down and I felt a COLD Drop in my eyes and when my wife come out of Bargain Central I told her that this slut coughed sneezed or other in front of me and I felt a cold drop in one of my eyes and 6 to 8 days later I get the Worst ever Flu that bough on a Pericarditis that cripple me for weeks. This Pericarditis restricted my breathing to a point I had no breath walking to my letter box. ALL THE GIRL needed to do is cover her mouth and not let the spay coming out. DAMM Her, I curse her and still curse her now thinking about this Virus we have now.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post
    Probably on a graphic with the rest of them

4 weeks ago in Italy there was 1 death from COVID-19, just 1....

340,000 cases world wide now, yesterday there was 230,000 at about this time

That's the scary thing....it's a pandemic the like of which we've never seen. No one... NO ONE, has a clue where it's going to go. We're all worried, but panicking will change nothing.

I'm vulnerable...I live in a city, albeit a small one. I'm 66. I have heart disease, bad lungs, and I'm borderline diabetic. I'll take all reasonable steps as advised by the medicos, but in the end, I fully expect to eventually catch this thing. To assume otherwise is just dumb in my view. I can't sit in a corner sh!tting myself with fear over it. I'll save that for when I'm about to take my last breath I guess.

As I said in my previous post, I have to go to Westmead today. I don't want to, but for my daughters sake I have to...I feel like I'm off to COVID central.

Hail turned my near new car into a golf ball, cracked tiles on my house, and two ceilings were badly damaged with the lounge room one caving in on one side. And now the fvcking Chinese (in concert with a hopeless WHO) with their bullsh!t coverups and lies have unleashed this pestilence on the planet.

2020 sucks!!! BIG TIME!

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

exited (23-03-20),george65 (23-03-20),hinekadon (23-03-20),ol' boy (23-03-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    I dont get it.
    Looking at sydney airpotr arrivals board for this morning...

7 30 bangcock
    7 35 Singapore
    7 40 denpasar
    7 40m Auckland
    7 45 christ church
    8 00 Auckland
    8 10 los angles
    8 15 wellington
    8 26 seoul

If this is the airport no wonder schools are still open and i can see how well the rest of the lockdown is going to be.

Haven't even looked at the other airports yet. Are they even taking thentemps of these people getting off the planes? They are dpingnthat ro my cousin in dubai before they put gloves on herband let her into the supermarket.

Here people get off a plane and go into the wild.....and catch thebairport train home .

Something stinks here.
    Yep, for people saying you cant just stop the planes that quickly

I seem to remember after 9/11 planes stopped pretty dam fast!
    Last edited by ol' boy; 23-03-20 at 08:36 AM.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Anyone know if any online betting portal has a book going on projected total deaths due to the virus?

I wanna get me bet in early .. I think current projections have the number near 2% of the world's population or such? That's only 180million ppl or so...I'm thinking more like 300million once it all pans-out ...

And the real problem for folks to grasp?

Once you start talking 2% of 7.8billion, the numbers look big but the actual figure is paltry ; once you start talking those losses on a species level, you have to think about how over populated the planet is with that (any) particular species, that it could suffer a 2% loss to death, but ostensibly it's like pissing in the ocean -- the percentile is tiny, it only looks big because the total is so large.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Life without sports—betting firms begin to tally up their coronavirus losses ;

Thanks

Hahahaha...FFS. It's not Scomos medical expert. Its the federal chief medical officer and the state chief medical officers in consensus with each other. This is a multi party committee making these decisions, the majority of which are Labor.

I know that you know better than them all. I understand your omniscient brilliance and all that, and that you think the sun shines out of the ALPs arse. You will just have to forgive me for cautiously acceding to their collective judgement (not Scomos) in such a difficult and unpredictable environment and not running my life based on the latest episode of "Uncle Fester Says".

Today I have to drive to Sydney and admit my eldest daughter to Westmead Hospital for a week of epilepsy tests. Her younger sister and the missus are going with her as live in observers. It's concerning. I hope they won't get stuck there with the restrictions and so on, as well as remain virus free. I just have to put my faith in the medical advice given.

But rest assured, I'll keep an eye your anti Scomo show.
    I am not brilliant I only have a wee bit of common sense.

ScoMo and his team (in case you haven't noticed, ALP is not the governing party and therefore do not have a majority) should have shut the borders 2 weeks earlier, would have made a world of difference.
    In the mean time the thousands that are still pouring in to our country should be sent to proper isolation like detention centres or guarded hotels that are now mostly empty especially those from that cruise ship. Surely some of the $60+ Billion that is being printed could cover the cost of that.
    A large majority would have Hoe's attitude, admittedly I did in the beginning too until I learnt about how it propagates, so I don't like the chances of 'self' isolation.

Berejiklien has told us to keep our kids at home, at least one Liberal with common sense and disagrees somewhat with your Great Master:

Edit: Just read that the Victorians are establishing a special task force to check on those who have to self isolate. Oh dear that is from the nasty Labor leftists, must be a very bad idea then.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 23-03-20 at 10:42 AM.

Thanks

That's the scary thing....it's a pandemic the like of which we've never seen. No one... NO ONE, has a clue where it's going to go. We're all worried, but panicking will change nothing.

I'm vulnerable...I live in a city, albeit a small one. I'm 66. I have heart disease, bad lungs, and I'm borderline diabetic. I'll take all reasonable steps as advised by the medicos, but in the end, I fully expect to eventually catch this thing.
    Well I am of similar age and I intend NOT to catch this thing, mainly because I am proactive and don't accept everything our Governments dictates, who apparently DO think they know everything.

It is not a panic to take kids out of school preemptively, it is common sense.
    By doing that I am not only protecting my family but reducing the risk of spreading the virus to everybody else.
    If more parents would do that, more will be likely saved in the end but somehow I need to get the word out.

So I post on forums criticising gov decisions and sign petitions, etc.
    That is the only way I can try to get a gov to listen but only if a gov is willing to listen to the common people of course and some states now have.

So in the end I am trying to save YOU too.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 23-03-20 at 11:06 AM.

• Page 30 of 133 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080130 ... LastLast