Page 50 of 133 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2647

Thread: Coronavirus

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hinekadon View Post
    If we just put the brakes on for a sec and recall all the cool dudes in our teenage years the heros of the day were the ones who had the skills to make their HOON car and they turned out to be the ones who now fix our cars when the stealerships rip us off with incompetent mechanics who drive a 1974 vaxhall viva so crush their cars is a fools errand we need these guys to improve society thats where the future improvements come from !!! where did the turbo charger come from ???? the real answer is a hoon saw it and said shit man i could fit that to my car by doing this and this yeah good one the industrial use of turbos no longer the only reason to have a increase in power from the same engine and cheaper than those who fitted superchargers . The next consideration is what harm to society do the cause ? a bit of noise ! black marks on the tarseal so i ask you why complain or didnt you have a hero HOON in your Hood ???
    Hahaha, now that is funny..

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post
    Just finished watching the HBO series "Chernobyl" again

I can certainly recommend anyone reading this thread give it a re-watch

The parallels are uncanny
    Speaking of Chernobyl. Just saw this a few minutes ago.

Radiation levels near the site of the Chernobyl nuclear accident have spiked as firefighters battles to contain two forest blazes in the area.

The two fires erupted Saturday in the uninhabited exclusion zone around Chernobyl, which was sealed off after the 1986 explosion at the plant, Ukraine’s emergency services reported.
    Firefighters said they have managed to localize one of the fires in an area of about five hectares, but the second one continued burning, covering about 20 hectares. They said they were using aircraft to extinguish the blaze.
    “There is bad news — in the center of the fire, radiation is above normal,” Egor Firsov, head of Ukraine’s ecological inspection service, wrote in alongside a video of a Geiger counter. “As you can see in the video, the readings of the device are 2.3, when the norm is 0.14. But this is only within the area of the fire outbreak.”
    His measurements refer to the microsievert per hour reading; the maximum allowable amount of natural background radiation is 0.5 microsievert per hour, the emergency services said, but Firsov’s reported amount was nearly five times that.
    Read more at >>

& back on topic,

Quote Originally Posted by fandtm666 View Post
    i agree with the fines , they asked you to stay home unless you really need
    to go out. Its so easy to say but this that and the other but until you are effected
    by the virus you wont change your mind and i hope you dont have a reason to change your mind
    but do so because you can see why they have asked.

i have lost 1 relative to it in italy and my niece who works as a health
    professional at westmead hospital is sick as a dog in quarantine
    yep, I just heard that a friend in Holland is on a ventilator with Covid19 induced SARS2.
    I hope he makes it.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (07-04-20),eaglem (09-04-20),enf (07-04-20),fandtm666 (07-04-20),ol' boy (07-04-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Whilst some of your arguments have some merit, hinekadon, in that many of these cars are mechanically better than Joe Average's car and that these kids may be better mechanics than the stealerships. The issue isn't so much about black marks on the road, but....... And it is is a big BUT...... They do not confine their hooning to just a quiet area. Witness the number of young people in our accident stats. It isn't necessarily the hoons, but other younger, more inexperienced drivers who try and emulate them.

The hoons should be given a safe place to practice their skills - oh, wait, they do have a place. It's called: a racetrack!!! Don't thank me, this is a community service announcement.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (08-04-20),eaglem (09-04-20),wotnot (07-04-20)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hinekadon View Post
    If we just put the brakes on for a sec and recall all the cool dudes in our teenage years the heros of the day were the ones who had the skills to make their HOON car and they turned out to be the ones who now fix our cars when the stealerships rip us off with incompetent mechanics who drive a 1974 vaxhall viva so crush their cars is a fools errand we need these guys to improve society thats where the future improvements come from !!! where did the turbo charger come from ???? the real answer is a hoon saw it and said shit man i could fit that to my car by doing this and this yeah good one the industrial use of turbos no longer the only reason to have a increase in power from the same engine and cheaper than those who fitted superchargers . The next consideration is what harm to society do the cause ? a bit of noise ! black marks on the tarseal so i ask you why complain or didnt you have a hero HOON in your Hood ???
    Year ago I had one of the Solicitors that I uses to work for SUE a guy that done burnout in front of his house a left skid marks. REASON His Lawyer (yes a lawyer had a lawyer) claimed that the Skid marks on the road turn off buyers buying the the solicitors House.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Whilst some of your arguments have some merit, hinekadon, in that many of these cars are mechanically better than Joe Average's car and that these kids may be better mechanics than the stealerships. The issue isn't so much about black marks on the road, but....... And it is is a big BUT...... They do not confine their hooning to just a quiet area. Witness the number of young people in our accident stats. It isn't necessarily the hoons, but other younger, more inexperienced drivers who try and emulate them.

The hoons should be given a safe place to practice their skills - oh, wait, they do have a place. It's called: a racetrack!!! Don't thank me, this is a community service announcement.
    Yes they do!...they're just frigging retards ...I've moved now, but previous address in a quiet country town, they used to hoon around the quiet roads just up the road...between the grounds of the retirement village and 2 aged care homes....to them, that's a quiet area.... guess why that's the quiet area of town?...because there's a retirement village and 2 aged care homes there....derr... retards mate, couldn't think their way out of a wet paper bag...we need... coronahoonvirus or moronitis or something, but a pile of pebbles & and slingshot in the dark is also interesting fun to add to their night's {ahem} entertainment.

I'm glad they got nicked $1300 a head, and top marks to the coppers for not impounding their cars for the crusher...nick them for that later once this crisis is all over : SOMEONE has to pay for the resources that drags (sic) our police force off things like crime, to handle this sort of nuisance behaviour -- when the coppers can't catch those responsible for break&enters/theft in your area, because they're out chasing these retards, make sure you thank the hoons, m'kay? Or be happy your taxes go up, due to the fact they need more coppers to police this sort of thing...[insert very slow clap]

To pull back to topic, the one thing we have learned for sure -- coronavirus is NOT a cure for stupidity
    Last edited by wotnot; 07-04-20 at 11:42 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (08-04-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fandtm666 View Post

i agree with the fines , they asked you to stay home unless you really need
    to go out.
    In this case they got them on a newly passed law that says you can't congregate in groups... over 10 or 2 or whatever it is today in your state.

I am still of the position that this is extremely ambiguous when you can still pack on a plane or a bus.

My daughter has gone to work today in retail. Food places are open, she works in an electronics store and I fail to see how that is essential ( no matter how unbearable not having a TV or computer games might be to some) and there are other non essential retailers open. There are still customers coming in but very few which makes me happy. They do have more than 10 in the store at given times so again, this seems a hypocrisy of this law unless they are limiting the number of people in a store to 10 in qld.

Its so easy to say but this that and the other but until you are effected by the virus you wont change your mind and i hope you dont have a reason to change your mind but do so because you can see why they have asked.
    I support the lock down but I am against the half arsed way it is being done. As I have said repeatedly, stopping people going to the beach and hunting them out of public parks but having people go on Buses, trains and the LOADS of planes that are still flying all over the country is complete and utter Bullshit.
    Either lock the place down or don't.

Having public transport still running is a farce! It should be shut down to a bare minimum for people to get Groceries if they can't get them delivered and that is it.
    I want to hose every bus and train I get into with a garden hose spraying disinfectant at the best of times, Now, couldn't pay me enough to get on one especially in peak hour.

I just can't see the point in boarding up the front door while the back door is wide open.

i have lost 1 relative to it in italy and my niece who works as a health
    professional at westmead hospital is sick as a dog in quarantine
    A friend of mine who is a nurse posted up a thing about people spitting on nurses, abusing and even attacking them while walking round in their uniforms and scrubs.
    They accuse and abuse them for spreading the Virus.

I asked friend if this was real or just another of theses memes? She said her and a friend were abused and yelled at when they went to the hospital Cafe to get sandwiches and Coffee for Lunch last week. Friend doesn't even work near where any of the infectious cases would be, she's a theatre Nurse. In any case, who do these fktards thing would know more about the spread of this China flu and preventing it than Nurses??

I asked if they needed Volunteers to walk round with them and then see how stupid these Fktards want to be by giving them grief when I am with them?

I can't think of anyone doing it tougher and harder than Nurses (Ambos and Doctors) atm and there are people out there that want to abuse them? They should have a rush of people to buy their lunch for them in appreciation for what they put up with every damn day, not just now and certainly not give them shit.

I saw anyone giving a Nurse shit like that, especially a small statued woman like my friend, I WOULD bounce them on their heads be they man, woman or something else as is these days, to teach them some basic respect and gratitude.
    I'd then stand up in court and proudly admit what I did and why. I have seen up close and through unfortunate personal experience what these people do every day.
    I'd never be able to sleep again knowing I was a gutless Chicken shit if I didn't do something to protect them from mindless Fktards. I know I'm screwed in the head but I have my personal honour and I know the people that have meant the most to me in my life would approve even if it was not the right thing to do by the letter of the law.

Defending these heroes would be honourable to me, not something to be ashamed of.
    They could convict and fine me and it would be something I'd be happy to wear.

This is EXACTLY the crap we need to take the opportunity to stamp out along with all this PC garbage in the Present and post China flu age and get some morality, decency and respect back into the world.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

ammlione (07-04-20),eaglem (09-04-20),enf (07-04-20),fandtm666 (07-04-20),wotnot (07-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    they used to hoon around the quiet roads just up the road...between the grounds of the retirement village and 2 aged care homes....to them, that's a quiet area.... guess why that's the quiet area of town?...because there's a retirement village and 2 aged care homes there....derr... retards mate,
    As a Young Guy, my mates and I would have been well accused of Hooning although in comparison to what I see now, we were Model Drivers.

We used to, like the people in the report, go to industrial places on weekends where there was NO one about. Sure we might have been idiots but we were careful and conscious that there NOT be anyone else around to put in danger. A group of us might be a Dozen people and 4-6 cars. Now it gets to hundreds of people and a hundred or so cars. Of course then the mentality comes out to top the other guy and things get nuts quickly. Now all the kids can't go anywhere without booze in their hands or have purposefully got pre loaded. We drank at pubs and clubs but I can honestly say I never saw anyone with booze just going out on the weekends.

Things I see these idiots do Now is Unreal. On the main road I used to live on, this Fktard would come to the parts shop over the road and EVERY time he would leave, He would light them up on the main road at 5 PM in peak hour traffic. He'd snake all over the road and the fact he never hit anyone was implausable good luck and nothing else.
    I saw him arrive one day and went and got a bucket of water and waited. He came out, proceeded to light them up and I threw the water under the back tyres which completely broke them free and caused the engine to over rev and make very horrible Noises and start making it's own smoke.

I was waiting for him to come back for a confrontation but I don't even think he saw what happened.
    Either that or he did and wasn't game to come back but in any case, never saw the car again.

I can't say I am against those that do really get away from everyone else and go to industrial areas with just a few friends but the ones that do it past peoples front doors and where other people get need to be flogged just on the annoyance and inconsideration value alone.

I also don't think the "Legal" pursuit of this is very creditable either. They have the summernats burnout Competition every year in canberra.
    These " Enthusiasts" ( Morons) will spend $20, 50, 100K on building an engine and drive line and put it in a classic car just to burn a new set of Tyres to nothing.
    They frequently destroy these cars putting them into a wall as well as destroy the engines revving them like turbines till they cook or let go and call that a " Sport".

They say they love cars. If you love cars you wouldn't flog the living shit out of them like that for a start and especially on something so inane.

That's Downright moronic stupidity that is!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (07-04-20),wotnot (07-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Lockdown

If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks

Just reading Muslims are still allowed to go to mosque and have their Religious gatherings. Can anyone Confirm this either way for different states?

With Ramadan coming up in a few weeks, I can hear the bleating and see the complete defiance ..... Not that any of them will ever be fined of course.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

eaglem (09-04-20),Mr 672A (08-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Just finished watching the HBO series "Chernobyl" again

I can certainly recommend anyone reading this thread give it a re-watch

The parallels are uncanny
    I've never seen it. Might give a shot over this long weekend.
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

• The Following User Says Thank You to Xplorer For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (08-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    Just reading Muslims are still allowed to go to mosque and have their Religious gatherings. Can anyone Confirm this either way for different states?

With Ramadan coming up in a few weeks, I can hear the bleating and see the complete defiance ..... Not that any of them will ever be fined of course.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bob_m_54 For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (08-04-20),Tiny (08-04-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks

"Natural selection" springs to mind......

Thanks

if only

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bob_m_54 View Post
    I put less than Zero belief in anything Muslims say publicly. Well known there is the story for the infadels and then there is what they all know. Thankfully no Mosques round here, but I'd be very interested to see what was going on around the one in Lakemba Over rumadumb and then Eade.

Bet my arse if the front doors aren't open the back doors will be.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (09-04-20)

Thanks

I put less than Zero belief in anything Muslims say publicly. Well known there is the story for the infadels and then there is what they all know. Thankfully no Mosques round here, but I'd be very interested to see what was going on around the one in Lakemba Over rumadumb and then Eade.

Bet my arse if the front doors aren't open the back doors will be.
    I have absolutely zero belief in anything any religious group says publicly. But I decline the bet thanks...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bob_m_54 For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (08-04-20),enf (08-04-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks

Your arse is safe, George, no one wants a piece of it................

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (09-04-20),DB44 (09-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

So once the Lockdown is over
    I wonder what the procedure will be introduced for the reintroduction to Normal life?

In Wuhan people must run an App on thier phones, which gives a Green, Amber or Red light, depending on your Medical Records, Where you have been (if you travelled to a high infection area) ....

You can not leave Wuhan without a Green light
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

Johnno (09-04-20),shred (09-04-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

I wonder what the procedure will be introduced for the reintroduction to Normal life?

In Wuhan people must run an App on thier phones, which gives a Green, Amber or Red light, depending on your Medical Records, Where you have been (if you travelled to a high infection area) ....

Yep, Good Question ol'boy..... The Exit Strategy is something their all working on.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Some of the alternatives are discussed in the following article.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

Johnno (09-04-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks

I had to send SWMBO to hospital on Tue night (the 4th different one in 4 months ) I called in to see her yesterday morning and had to sign in and confirm that I was "safe". Lst night I had to return and drop some gear off. Son accompanied me. We did not have to sign in and although there was a sign saying "only one nominated visitor" no one complined when the two of us went in. As we were leaving there were a group of doctors congregating in the hallway, about the width of a normal household hall way. To get past, we literally had to "push" through. So much for social distancing. This was in a Cardiac ward. None were wearing masks or any other protective gear.

• Page 50 of 133 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100 ... LastLast