Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Astrazeneca versus Pfizer, Moderna

Thanks

Default Astrazeneca versus Pfizer, Moderna

Hypothetically .... So here you are in the jab room, your sleeve is rolled up ready to be pocked BUT wait... on the table before you there're 2 syringes, one loaded with Pfizer and the other with Astrazeneca, The nurse ask you to take a pick... need we say more...

As for me I made my choice. No jab at all or wait for the Pfizer, I will wait for the Pfizer. Soonest booking for Pfizer September 10.

Note there's always the political correctness

I think the count is over 20 dead but for some political reason you can not find that exact number. Also note that the US FDA, Israel and some European countries did not approve the AZ for use...

So last year, ON The Advice of... (very popular word used by the politicians to pass on the back) some million dollar consultant advised the government to commit to AZ and so the government printed lots of money and setup production only to discover all the shortfalls.. and so anybody involved is trying to save their behind. You can sense the effort which is inputted in suppressing the number of death and complications suffered by AZ recipients..
    Last edited by B52; 24-07-21 at 01:39 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B52 For This Useful Post:

allover (27-07-21),johnhoward (20-09-21)

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,935 Times in 1,510 Posts

/pedant mode -- I don't think 'inputted' is a word, I think you have to use 'put into' when faced with that structure..ie; 'You can sense the effort which is put into suppressing the number...' apols, I have some pet hate words I like to bash on =)

Wrt topic though, ex partner of mine has been through the AZ treatment, which she primarily had done to be able to visit her ailing mother in the EU, before she passes of old age --- now my ex finds out, it's polemical as to whether or not she'll be allowed into the EU, as there's no agreement in place between AU and EU that use of the AZ vaccine is approved or some nonsense.... what a bloody mess ;^/

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

gulliver (24-07-21),lsemmens (24-07-21)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,964 Times in 9,060 Posts

A bunch of Bullsh!t!!!!

Theres NOTHING wrong with AZ...the chances of any of the problems are miniscule. Jeeeez.....

Just get the f*cking thing and get some protection. None of them are foolproof, although they all seem to be fool dependent.

Stop giving in to the panic....FFS
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (24-07-21),TVguy (25-07-21),VroomVroom (26-07-21)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,935 Times in 1,510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    A bunch of Bullsh!t!!!!
    Lol... that's exactly what my ex said =)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Oooh Enf is gonna hate me... but I have had enough of this incompetence from our two main head honchos who are dealing with this and who are often ignoring advice from their experts and epidemiologists.

AFAIK (and that is questionable as everything lately reported including from the so called official sources) the count since vaccinations started in Australia this year appears to be 5 dead directly from AZ clots (2 died recently, VIS and TAS) and 6-7 dead from Covid.

So what's it gonna be the red pill or the blue one !

That aside, I just heard from my wife that all her relatives in the Philippines have had at least one shot of Pfizer!

This morning I heard on the radio that Biden complained the vaccinations have stalled under his target 300million because of the Republican states, those 70million who refuse to vaccinate and they are flooded with vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna.
    So why in the heck aren't the total dimwits under the ScoMo dictatorship capable of asking to get some of the Moderna over here, or have they insulted them too in the past?
    Apparently Moderna has up to 90% efficacy to prevent symptomatic transmission with Delta.

AZ is not the solution with it's subpar symptomatic efficacy and too many are dying after it even with full vaccination in Indonesia and that are just the doctors who they are actually counting.

The solution is simple but not with the insane stubbornness of ScoMo and an equally stubborn stupid Berejiklian who can't decide to do a proper lockdown, unlike VIC, SA, WA who would be soon back in business until more leaks come in from NSW.

What Berejiklian is doing is like wringing the neck of a rabbit only halfway and then just leaving it on the side of the road to suffer, constantly twitching and shaking with the eyes rolled back in it's head.
    Both of these Liberal dimwits must go, so we can hopefully get someone in with a brain to fix this problem.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 24-07-21 at 12:40 AM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks

I had my first Astra-Zeneca one 10 weeks ago, two weeks until I have the second. I reasoned that whichever one I’m offered first is the best for me.

It’s a Holden/Ford argument. Both get the job done, Pfizer is based on new, relatively untested mRNA tech, while AZ is the traditional vaccine we’ve been creating for many decades. There’s growing evidence that AZ remains effective for longer, but it has slightly lower efficacy.

Either way, the differences are so minor, I don’t care. On a practical note, anecdotal evidence suggests that the first AZ injection seems to be the one most likely to produce cold and flu symptoms, while it’s the second Pfizer that is more likely to give a reaction.

Just be thankful we’re not being given the dodgy Sinovac Chinese one like the health care workers in Indonesia. “Vaccinated” healthcare workers are droppimg like flies…
    Last edited by shred; 24-07-21 at 08:03 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shred For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (24-07-21),enf (24-07-21)

Thanks

Had my second Pfizer on Thursday and the reaction was pretty much the same as the first, chills, elevated temperature etc. My wife had no reaction at all!

Thanks

If people believe Pfizer is very safe then they can ignore facts and demand the Pfizer jab.
    From what I remember both Pfizer and Moderna were approved for emergency use only. Not sure if the full approval was given yet.

This mRNA technology is very new as well as very promising but nobody knows what will happen in years to come. It is also good to know the mRNA technology was approved for research purposes only before COVID time.

AZ is based on the old principle when adenovirus from chimp is used to encapsulate corona DNA. This adenovirus is weakened and is pretty much harmless to people, nevertheless it is likely the reason for the rare blood cloth problem.

I am waiting for Novavax approval myself. For some reason I feel it is much safer when compared to Pfizer (moderna - the same shit different smell) and AZ as it doesn't have adenovirus. Instead the DNS is built into a protein similar size as Corona virus itself. I believe this is the safest vaccine with high efficacy (around 90%) which we hopefully see approved for use in Australia.
    Last edited by fromaron; 24-07-21 at 09:55 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

shred (24-07-21)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Aside from festers daily hysterical anti coalition rant (which I did actually read mate, it makes me laugh), most of the comments here seem sensible. Oh, I don't "hate" anything fester. Hate seems to be your gig.

I agree with shred, I took the first available which was AZ. No side effects...well maybe a slightly sore arm for a few days. Not even sure of that really.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

gulliver (24-07-21),shred (24-07-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

Had my first AZ jab about 6weeks ago.. Sore arm and cold chills, just waiting for the second jab .. Ohh, my dick stays hard.. That's good yeah ? lol

Get the Jab people...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Ohh, my dick stays hard.. That's good yeah ? lol
    It is if you are male

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mi_tasol For This Useful Post:

ammlione (24-07-21),enf (24-07-21),Johnno (24-07-21),lsemmens (24-07-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mi_tasol View Post
    It is if you are male
    hehe.. Missus keeps calling me 'Special'.. Short and to the point.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

mi_tasol (24-07-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    A bunch of Bullsh!t!!!!

Theres NOTHING wrong with AZ...the chances of any of the problems are miniscule. Jeeeez.....

Just get the f*cking thing and get some protection.

Hypothetically If you were that person in the jab room, having the privilege to choose, That’s what’s in the mind of most… holding back for the Pfizer… you can also argue the death tall from covid in Australia is minuscule in comparison, the same analogy can be applied to the AZ …regardless all lives are precious.
    Last edited by B52; 24-07-21 at 01:45 PM.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post
    Hypothetically If you were that person in the jab room, having the privilege to choose, That’s what’s in the mind of most… holding back for the Pfizer… you can also argue the death tall from covid in Australia is minuscule in comparison, the same analogy can be applied to the AZ …regardless all lives are precious.
    All lives lost are a tragedy, but that only concerns politicians when there is a convenient soundbite.

As for the choice, only the stupidly naive would believe that there could be sufficient doses for everyone to have a choice. Then you'd have to throw all those unused doses away. There just ARE NOT that many available, despite the rantings of some.

Oh, and if I had a choice on the table? I'd take whatever the TGA recommended.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

I don't care which. If they have a hep of people who may be susceptible to AZ and limited supplies of the alternate, I'll take the AZ and leave the others for those who have to be careful. FWIW I've had my first AZ jab with only a sore arm for a couple of days, no worse than the flu shot.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

shred (25-07-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post
    We were booked in to get AZ but then they changed the medical advice so we went to the government website and they booked us in for Pfizer.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

Anyone here actually had Coronavirus?

usages.kangaroos.sound

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

I have been real worried about this vaccine and have been asking if there is anyone who has had first hand died from covid 19 if you can reply to this post and tell us what its like as we want to know first hand from a real sufferer so we get the real oil not some media garbage that's not true so honest replies please tia don

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 Times in 835 Posts

Missus and I both had AZ. Now she is much more intelligent than me, a rational thinker, but there is absolutely no way she is letting our two kids who are still at home in their early 20’s get the AZ. I think it’s a case of mothers intuition/protection/whatever, but it will never happen. And I know not to argue.
    And she isn’t the only one, and that is the big problem.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hinekadon View Post
    I have been real worried about this vaccine and have been asking if there is anyone who has had first hand died from covid 19 if you can reply to this post and tell us what its like as we want to know first hand from a real sufferer so we get the real oil not some media garbage that's not true so honest replies please tia don
    Que? I doubt there will be any responses....not for first hand death anyway.

I had a close friend of over 40 years die. She was on the Poxy Princess....

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (25-07-21)

• Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast