Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Astrazeneca versus Pfizer, Moderna

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    A bunch of Bullsh!t!!!!

Theres NOTHING wrong with AZ...the chances of any of the problems are miniscule. Jeeeez.....

Just get the f*cking thing and get some protection. None of them are foolproof, although they all seem to be fool dependent.

Stop giving in to the panic....FFS
    One's only disappointment with this post is regarding the incorrect use of grammar.

• Contractions do need an apostrophe.
    • Ellipses must consist of three dots preceded and followed by a space.
    • Adjectives should never end a sentence.
    • The pronoun "none" must take a singular verb.

That being said, perhaps the resident Austech epidemiologists should come forward with their profound insights into Virology?
    ENF, you have presented a thoughtful post.

Echo chambers exist where those with no medical knowledge will always find a sounding board.
    Reinforcement of misconceptions will continue to propagate.
    Just listen to the "Parrot" (former radio personality) if you wish to be handed an opinion.

Make of this what you will. After all, we do live in a society. The greater good should prevail.
    Those who choose to rant and protest against perceived grievances perhaps should reconsider where their intellectual prowess lies?
    Over many years, one has been fortunate to be exposed to great intellects who have dedicated years of their lives to study.
    Once qualified, this tremendous effort has been put into practice with little financial reward. They have given back what they were fortunate enough to receive.
    Last edited by TVguy; 25-07-21 at 03:47 AM.
    "The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." - Issac Asimov

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TVguy For This Useful Post:

cyrus (25-07-21),gulliver (25-07-21),lsemmens (25-07-21),Uncle Fester (25-07-21)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Aside from festers daily hysterical anti coalition rant (which I did actually read mate, it makes me laugh), most of the comments here seem sensible. Oh, I don't "hate" anything fester. Hate seems to be your gig.
    I find all my information I post about vaccines and lockdown strategies from actual medical websites and interviews I heard from epidemiologists.
    General consensus is that AZ won't achieve herd immunity and the only lockdowns that work are early full lock downs like in VIC, SA and WA.
    NSW is unfortunately way past that.
    In fact a lot from my last post, including the critic of the halfhearted lockdown strategy from NSW, was parroted by me from an interview I heard on radio with an epidemiologist professor from South Australia, sorry I can't recall the name.
    I can remember numbers and precise technical details almost photographic but fail with peoples's names, comes with my autism I guess.

So these epidemiologists must all be hysterical for you too.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 25-07-21 at 02:03 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

gulliver (25-07-21)

Thanks

There will be no herd immunity with covid even if you take Pfeizer vaccine - the same as with seasonal flu. Mutations will trigger booster shots necessity for as long as the virus is around.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post
    Mutations will trigger booster shots necessity for as long as the virus is around.
    Yes. Mutations of the Spanish Flu were still doing the rounds in the 1950s - more than 30 years after it originally broke out. Your annual flu vaccine cocktail will just include the vaccine for the latest covid-19 variant.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shred For This Useful Post:

enf (25-07-21),hinekadon (25-07-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

I've skipped over reading everybody's comments (which I normally do before posting) but yes. It does not matter. I will take whatever is given and I can't get it soon enough.
    Living in the boonies I'm finding it difficult to even get a shot. It's annoying. And now with the outbreak in Sydney I feel statistically every shot should go there to attempt to put out the fires. There is apparently plenty of vaccinations, but I cant even go to my local chemist and get it because I'm not over 60.
    Walking in and getting it, I'd do it tomorrow. Shits me that I can't.

Now lets look at the negative press around Astrazeneca. This is anti-vax bullshit at it's best.
    For fvck sake. The odds on your getting a blood clot from this vaccine are about 1 in 1 million. You chances of dying from Coronavirus are about 1 in 50.
    Your chances of surviving a blood clot if treated quickly (since you're already near medical help when you get the vaccine) are even more remote. Mortality is about 1 in 10 million.

You're more likely to be struck by lightning in Australia. So why the fvck is everybody afraid, because they are buying the irrational bullshit that the antivaxers have been peddling all along. The government should not have put up with such shit comments from day one and should had told the media to shut the fvck up and take the god damn medicine. Your fears are not rational and not even valid.

Hopefully the government will crack down even harder on antivaxers from now on and remove access to all government benefits for those who are not vaccinated with the expected course of vaccines like MMR unless there is valid (real) medical reasons for not having them, like leukemia etc. Religious grounds ... your religion or organisation should be reclassified as a criminal organisation and lose its benefits as such if it erodes public health policies.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

enf (26-07-21),gulliver (26-07-21),hinekadon (26-07-21),lsemmens (26-07-21),TVguy (26-07-21),william10 (26-07-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

ive had both my AZ shots - no effects from the first one and only slight flu like symptoms from the second. It was no biggie though i just laid off the grog that night. I agree with what others have said - if the media would just stop with the hysteria this whole vax rollout would be much further along by now.

A neighbour of mine is a hematologist , with numerous medical letters after his name . If he tells me its wise to get the vax , well thats more than good enough for me....
    Last edited by VroomVroom; 26-07-21 at 07:53 AM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

enf (26-07-21),william10 (26-07-21)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

enf (26-07-21),fromaron (27-07-21),hinekadon (28-07-21),lsemmens (26-07-21),william10 (26-07-21)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,066 Times in 9,091 Posts

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

ammlione (27-07-21),hinekadon (28-07-21),lsemmens (27-07-21),mkhannah (27-07-21),TVguy (28-07-21),VroomVroom (28-07-21)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

Best, precise and most intelligent thread i think i have read on Austech, congratulations guys
    My experience with the AZ vaccine, first shot only, hot and cold shivers, head ache for at least 5 days, BUT i am told this is not a bad as it is doing its thing (I hope)
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    Best, precise and most intelligent thread i think i have read on Austech, congratulations guys
    My experience with the AZ vaccine, first shot only, hot and cold shivers, head ache for at least 5 days, BUT i am told this is not a bad as it is doing its thing (I hope)
    Unusual IMO. I had virtually no reaction whatsoever. I feel like sh!t all the time so maybe I didn't really notice....

Second shot in 4 weeks or so.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,224 Times in 1,916 Posts

As I reported in the Coronavirus thread, the only side effect I originally noticed was the sore arm after my AZ shot, nothing else, but my GP noted a slight elevation in my BP.

After my second shot I had flu like symptoms for about 4 days, felt like crap, that was early this month, I visited my GP on Friday my BP has now shot into the dangerous level, we are talking 190/90 and not dropping, prior to my first shot it was 125/70 or there about.

Of course this could be purely coincidental but I don’t think so, and neither does my GP but there have been no BP side effect warnings w.r.t. the vaccines, so I don’t know....
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

Thanks

Unusual IMO. I had virtually no reaction whatsoever. I feel like sh!t all the time so maybe I didn't really notice....

Second shot in 4 weeks or so.
    If the jab executioner squeezed your arm during the procedure, it may have gone elsewhere and you may not be immunized, hence the lack of side effects. Sorry if I got you worried ...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B52 For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (28-07-21),Uncle Fester (27-07-21)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 836 Posts

Think I said this before, felt like a speed bump at the shopping centre after my first shot. Apparently the second is much much better.
    Apparently it’s the reverse with pfeizer. But that flies in the face of what Al says above, and he runs the footy tipping, so I must be wrong

Thanks

Friend of mine had about 1 week of headaches, running nose and terrible cough after first dose of Pfizer. She still didn't fully recovered after 2 weeks.

Probably the most accurate data is published . People can read and decide what do they feel is good for them.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    As I reported in the Coronavirus thread, the only side effect I originally noticed was the sore arm after my AZ shot, nothing else, but my GP noted a slight elevation in my BP.

After my second shot I had flu like symptoms for about 4 days, felt like crap, that was early this month, I visited my GP on Friday my BP has now shot into the dangerous level, we are talking 190/90 and not dropping, prior to my first shot it was 125/70 or there about.

Of course this could be purely coincidental but I don’t think so, and neither does my GP but there have been no BP side effect warnings w.r.t. the vaccines, so I don’t know....
    I take BP pills anyway. Have ever since my heart attack.

Did the GP give you something to take Al? That measurement is not good....

Premium Member
    Thanks

I take BP pills anyway. Have ever since my heart attack.

Did the GP give you something to take Al? That measurement is not good....
    Certainly has, he was contemplating trying to admit me, but I told him that would only push it up higher. I could actually see my pulse through my eyes every time my heart was beating, was not a pleasant experience.
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 582 Posts

Last month I went to the doctor for my checkup. My blood pressure was high, my cholesterol was high, I'd gained some weight.
    My doctor said eating right is the key. He said just think in colors; Fill your plate with bright colors; greens, yellows, reds, etc.
    I went right home and ate an entire bowl of M&M's and sure enough, I felt better already. Too easy. LOL

Take it easy AL..

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (28-07-21),allover (30-07-21),enf (28-07-21),hinekadon (28-07-21)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Sorry Al if my footy tipping has cause your BP to rise I shall stop, if you so desire Seriously, stay well, my friend.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (28-07-21)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Sorry Al if my footy tipping has cause your BP to rise I shall stop, if you so desire Seriously, stay well, my friend.
    I can assure you my BP must go down when I see your tipping results and laugh so hard, has to be good for me.
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following User Says Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (29-07-21)

Thanks

Pfizer mark II targeting the Delta variant from November this year.

Last edited by B52; 29-07-21 at 02:01 AM.

• Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast