Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Music Notes!! A pretty Global language!!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    Ummm...no, I never hold (self) pride ~ it comes before a fall ; I paid attention in English...although given the opportunity, I chose not to become a barrister ; too many {ahem} 'musical chairs' ; I'd rather be a hack like Rumpole...8)

I'm sure the Pentecostal Church congregation say the same thing, and many other instances of 'common interest camaraderie' involving groups of animals...not only human beings and/or music ; I remember having similar feelings in the dressing room after winning a good game of rugga....the whir of the rattle guns and pit crew feeling of having pulled off a fast one...lots of things I guess ... you get this singing in a choir as well, when everyone realizes they nailed it ; you're still only creating sound, singing someone else's song....I mean, I 'get it', I really do...I'm just pointing out it's not an 'especially' music thang...

Even if they're not meant to be (musical) instruments ~ veejay makes for a good instrument, a bit of sampling, drumloop beats, teevee source --

DAWs are great fun, tho' one tends to work alone ; it's the nature of the beast...the sound replaces need for accompaniment, and any sound can be an instrument.
    wotnot... take compliments when they are quoted. Doesn't mean you have a big head!! Don't under-rate yourself mate...

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ah-Those-Old-Days! View Post
    Last comment for tonight!! (After a few(?) Scotches with the Missus, playing music outside)...
    A lot of people Globally, think that "Waltzing Matilda" should be our National Anthem !! Well... NO!! As much as I like playing it.
    It's about a Sheep-Stealer, who gets caught. And the term 'Waltzing Matilda', (the police saying "you'll come a waltzing...", was
    originally to do with being HUNG!, and your legs would be dangling and kicking in the process!! So there you go!!!!
    I got fined $300 by the Magistrate...for loudly singing 'Waltzing Matilda' in the wrong place...at the wrong time...and while inflecting "you'll come a waltzing matilda with me" with all the venom of a threat..ie; come outside and settle this man to man.....long story, extenuating circumstances...charged under the Qld public nuisance laws (maximum penalty is 10 penalty units.. approximately $1,334.50... or 6 months imprisonment...and if I had sung the song inside/adjacent a licensed premises max is 25 penalty units..$3,336.25)....the Magistrate quipped, "your actions may have been just, but they were not fair" ~ she was right (big picture) ; I took it on the chin with no regrets.

Wrt topic, music notes can get one into trouble, but I need admit that 'Waltzing Matilda' can be sung in a very aggressive, intimidating manner ~ having too many music notes wrt a vehicle's audible warning device, also attracts a fine =)

You won't get away with playing The Cure's 'Killing an Arab' in all locations either 8^)

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (06-05-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks

wotnot... take compliments when they are quoted. Doesn't mean you have a big head!! Don't under-rate yourself mate...
    Oh, I accept the compliment...and thanks for that....(although just clicking on the thanks button if enough 'recognition' here =)....I merely needed to assert 'pride' had/has nothing to do with it to me...I more wonder how my words might be read in the future, in the same way we now read 'old English' ...'pride' is usually something I bestow upon a person or thing...ie; "I am proud of my daughter"...it's an outwardly going sentiment to me....wanna really draw a point here?..."I'm proud you've come to learn that I'm not the 'bully' you mistook me as" ~ I am being sincere in both self quotations 8)

For the sake of topic, music too can often be misunderstood ...the meanderings of Frank Zappa comes to mind, who apparently never actually did drugs to arrive at his soundscapes ; who would've thought? =)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    Just a quote from wiki to sum things up:
    Music is the of arranging in time through the of melody, harmony, rhythm, and timbre. It is one of the aspects of all human societies.
    YoW! Colour!!...cue intro music [the banana splitz show]...//fast cut to Arabian Knights // // /....cast in the role of Fariik and recalling my Amiga/BBS/IRC days..."Rosan Kobar!!! Size of an ascii artist!!"....*poof!*...

....expurgated inverse rainbow (playing on the word 'chromatic'), contains the first line of notes for God Save the Queen, and a link to Robert Fripp on guitar playing God Save the Queen... edit: nope, got gurged in parsing, included image instead

Are we having fun yet?

If I use the sound of chalk/fingernails scraping on a blackboard as a wave form in a trans-wave synthesiser and process it with the nice formants and timbre I am likely to get it to sound somewhat like a violin.
    Are you serious? Why the hell would you want to go and do that, to such an unique and powerful sound? It'd be more impressive...to me anyway...if you could get a violin sample, and turn it into the sound of polystyrene foam rubbing against a rubber balloon...and be able to 'curdle' -my- blood upon hearing it...ie; that sound adversely affects me real horrowshow, so I'm a good test subject =) Apart from that though, you're looking the change the sound, 'domesticate' it in a fashion ---- rather, you should embrace the sound, use it's power...harness it's potential....

....am I joking? Hell no...I can easily imagine electric guitarists (and others) out there, perhaps into the experimental genre or hard core death metal industrial avante guard satanic cult worshiping dressed in black leather and all having a vampire motif fronted by some young female vocalist screaming at the mic with the rasping voice of the possessed in some Germanic or Russian dialect and the lead guitarist steps forward into the stage center-spot and starts failing on the strings of the instrument like the noise of a thousand screaming banshees in some modern day recreation of the Jimmy Hendrix experience without destroying the axe, and the pièce de résistance is when they strum the finale chord and depress the FX pedal which modulates the sound with the texture of a thousand fingernails screeching on a chalkboard...and half the audience goes near insane as their blood curdles, until the note stops and they all look up, uncover their ears, and shout "that was the most moving music experience I've ever had"....someone else says "I think I saw God!".... someone needs to make this FX pedal or a VST ..I think it has big appeal and untapped market =)
    Last edited by wotnot; 06-05-22 at 04:10 PM.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Are you serious? Why the hell would you want to go and do that, to such an unique and powerful sound? It'd be more impressive...to me anyway...if you could get a violin sample, and turn it into the sound of polystyrene foam rubbing against a rubber balloon...and be able to 'curdle' -my- blood upon hearing it...
    Serious as in proof of concept using subtractive synthesis, so I can say: "Because I can".
    Would I use it ? Not as intended but you might be amazed what happens when you mess around with trans-wave oscillators.
    I sold my old Ensoniq SQ2 years ago. There are VST versions but I haven't really had the motivation do much with them. So much preprogrammed crazy stuff already out there, goaudio.me
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Banned
    Thanks

Dear Uncle Fester, A lot has been said since your 1st comments... and my replies... and all for varying good reasons!!!
    I remember sending you the 'Acapella' version of the old song... "The Parting Glass"...

And 'sort-of' understanding your likes for various music/singing. For YEARS I have played many 'Tunes', and have rarely heard
    or understood the ACTUAL words!!! initially!! Being a 'Muso' I'm sorry to say that all I generally HEAR, is a specific sequence of
    notes & chords. But lately, I've been trying to process the actual WORDS within that myriad of Music, that I hear & love...

It is SO different then...As then I also need to look into the 'Meaning' within those words. You'd think it would be the reverse!!
    Here's one of many 'other' renditions of that song/tune, incorporating various instruments...

I remember many Venues where I would play this... The 'Words' would mean something like... "I am leaving now, and don't know
    if I will ever see you again... but let us drink a parting glass together, before we say goodbye"...

The 'point' I am making, is that for the 'most' part, for beautiful tunes, there is a 'D&M" part that plays with your Soul...
    and gives us the power & need to carry on. For me, that is the love of my Moms music, before she died. !!

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

Yes I did listen to your first link of the Parting Glass but I found it good when the dynamic increased and the harmonists got more powerful later on.
    Not so focused on the words.
    I have autism. Was allegedly mute for my first 6 years (nobody had a clue about autism back then) so parents dumped me in a normal school and allegedly I was suddenly capable of some speech. I have almost no memory of my past until 3rd grade. Always failed in languages.

All through my teen life and beyond I never comprehended the lyrics of the music I heard. I have only fairly recently started to understand the rebellious meaning in some of the rock songs of the past I like. Some of it slightly shocking but a lot can still be related to today, mostly the political stuff.
    Somehow I was always a bit more ahead with German lyrics, like Rammstein which I find hilariously funny. German is definitely NOT a good language for beautiful music but it Rocks!

From the classic side I like listening to Latin, not distracted with the words, it just sounds awesome. Very musical language.
    Focussing on the words distracts from the music, I am not good at multitasking there.
    Better for me to read the lyrics, like you would read poetry.

I did some silly solo recordings involving own lyrics(more spoken than sung) in the in the late eighties(when I was a wee bit drunk), very rough recording of all the instruments on an 8-track compact cassette recorder. Definitely not folk, rock or anything you could characterise, although somebody told me the guitar sounded a bit like Pink Floyd one one track. Was not intended.
    I can look and dig it out and upload on Mega or somewhere if interested.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Premium Member
    Thanks

Serious as in proof of concept using subtractive synthesis, so I can say: "Because I can".
    Would I use it ? Not as intended but you might be amazed what happens when you mess around with trans-wave oscillators.
    I sold my old Ensoniq SQ2 years ago. There are VST versions but I haven't really had the motivation do much with them. So much preprogrammed crazy stuff already out there, goaudio.me
    Ahh, I'm with you....just for a moment there I thought you were being a psychotic, filter invoking, ADSR wielding sound murderer 8) Incidentally, a sound very close to that was used as foley in Babylon5 to create the shrieks/screams of the Shadow ships...even down to the point of detailing how that sound affected ppl in the screenplay ...I feel quiet certain it's been used in other foley as well. Is foley/SFX music? I believe so...and example might be those millions of ppl who associate with/recognize the Star Wars music theme --- same ppl know the exact sound a light-sabre makes...(even though it's not real =)...the StarTrek theme... the sound the Enterprise doors make opening/closing. When you create foley/SFX, you are doing much the same thing as you do with music ~ you're trying to invoke some emotional state within the listener. The sounds in Forbidden Planet are 'milestone unique' wrt foley/SFX.

Personally, speaking to the mid 1960's ...I place a group like the BBC Radiophonic Workshop, ahead of a group like The Beatles ...why?...because in the latter case, I've literally heard it all before ...the instruments all sound like those instruments do, they're using the same music notes that have been used for eons ~ in the former case, I'm not hearing anything I've heard before..be that the theme music for Doctor Who, or the sound the TARDIS makes when it's coming or going through time. I still recall from those same years, when I was learning/practicing piano, seeing the .... I immediately questioned why I was learning 1 instrument, that had so many keys. This was after the Moog, and we were more 10 years away from the ....and for me, the question became did I want to learn something 'old, traditional', or did I want to learn something 'new, non-traditional'....I chose the latter...less dogma.

it just seems to Flow from us, when playing together
    That's rather unqualified...ie; there's a chasm of difference between 'jamming' with friends and playing tunes written by someone else, compared to doing the same thing in creation/production of a 'new' song, musical score, what have you. Then...it's different again when it comes to the recording studio (one of my aunties worked for RCA records back in the day when their recording studios were at Ultimo in Sydney, and the pressing plant was at Homebush across the road from Arnott's biscuits)...a completely different (creative) 'flow' is evident between artists and sound engineers/producers ~ it's no less powerful than the flow of jamming with friends. They're different processes, but for mine it's the difference between walking an existing path/trail...or doing the Bourke & Wills thang to create your own ; the conference and flow differs, regardless of definition -- one can be a competent player, but you'll never feel what it's like to create/write your own song...(and then with or without conference of others).

@Fester ~ if it were anyone else, perhaps 'might' would apply...but not me....back in 2005 I got involved with an AV installation (part of another's uni thesis), wherein I was responsible for the A part. It'll be ot to describe the V bit, but think midi controlled video generator, and the underlying premise being 'algorithmic entertainment'...everything exhibited by the installation, had to be autonomously machine generated, running in real time. I'd mucked about with Algomusic way back on the Amiga, but couldn't use samples here..the sound had to be synthesized using math ; the only direction I had wrt the sound itself, was 'ambient space'... at that time, I'd become ensconced in/with the use of and figured this could probably do it...if one could fathom the elements/patch configuration to use. I still have the original AMS patch files I created, but I'd need to recreate/recompile the instrument...the patches won't load into the latest AMS, and there's a few hacked LADSPA filters I used which need recompiling as well....but I do have a WAV file of the 12th iteration on archive tho, complete with buffer under-run at around the 7 minute mark....I'll dig it out later and ffmpeg it into a mp4 to hoist on YT....I'll drop the link back .
    Last edited by wotnot; 09-05-22 at 12:48 AM.

Thanks

OK, I guess this small compilation is more for you Wotnot. A lot was done using the SQ2 my old trans-wave syth with some self programmed sounds, at least the first 2 tracks('Immortal Souls' is obviously an overdone parody of the genre),
    but please Ah-Those_Old-Days, if you wish to listen to something out of your comfort zone, maybe just skip the first 2, I hope you might discover some beautiful bits at least in the last two(in alphabetical order).

I made this 30 years ago. Two tracks from this selection ended up published on a soundtrack CD I composed/produced/played for a stage play called "Found in Space". My mother wrote the play, so it was obvious I created the music.
    Download as zip:

..best listened on nice quality HEADphones capable of reproducing deep bass, for that extra blood curdling experience ha ha, just kidding... or am I?
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 09-05-22 at 01:40 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

Yes I did listen to your first link of the Parting Glass but I found it good when the dynamic increased and the harmonists got more powerful later on.
    Not so focused on the words.
    I have autism. Was allegedly mute for my first 6 years (nobody had a clue about autism back then) so parents dumped me in a normal school and allegedly I was suddenly capable of some speech. I have almost no memory of my past until 3rd grade. Always failed in languages.

All through my teen life and beyond I never comprehended the lyrics of the music I heard. I have only fairly recently started to understand the rebellious meaning in some of the rock songs of the past I like. Some of it slightly shocking but a lot can still be related to today, mostly the political stuff.
    Somehow I was always a bit more ahead with German lyrics, like Rammstein which I find hilariously funny. German is definitely NOT a good language for beautiful music but it Rocks!

From the classic side I like listening to Latin, not distracted with the words, it just sounds awesome. Very musical language.
    Focussing on the words distracts from the music, I am not good at multitasking there.
    Better for me to read the lyrics, like you would read poetry.

I did some silly solo recordings involving own lyrics(more spoken than sung) in the in the late eighties(when I was a wee bit drunk), very rough recording of all the instruments on an 8-track compact cassette recorder. Definitely not folk, rock or anything you could characterise, although somebody told me the guitar sounded a bit like Pink Floyd one one track. Was not intended.
    I can look and dig it out and upload on Mega or somewhere if interested.
    WOW... I liked you 'opening up' there mate. (And to 'wotnot' above, I did like your reply too...) but am concentrating on Dear 'Fester' first! hahaha...
    One thing I NEVER try to do, is to embarrass anyone, HOWEVER, when I see/hear/read 'words' from particular individuals like yourself, I LOVE it when the
    likes of you deliberately/accidentally/mistakenly, promote yourself or expose yourself, as being Human, and with emotions!!! Please don't be embarrassed!!

To put it in perspective... we have all seen the likes of 'Gaming' forums, where there is a contributor calling himself... "MegaLord" or "DeathMaster" etc...
    And we KNOW that such 'persona' is usually the totally opposite to Reality... People don't like to portray themselves as they are??
    The LAST thing i would want to do is 'Show-Up' our 'Uncle-Fester' as a human Being, with REAL emotions & Feelings!!! (Sorry, but yes I do!! xox).
    I never understand why people don't like to be associated with humanity, and underlying kindness. I can see through you!! hahaha...

Thanks

WOW... I liked you 'opening up' there mate. (And to 'wotnot' above, I did like your reply too...) but am concentrating on Dear 'Fester' first! hahaha...
    One thing I NEVER try to do, is to embarrass anyone, HOWEVER, when I see/hear/read 'words' from particular individuals like yourself, I LOVE it when the
    likes of you deliberately/accidentally/mistakenly, promote yourself or expose yourself, as being Human, and with emotions!!! Please don't be embarrassed!!

To put it in perspective... we have all seen the likes of 'Gaming' forums, where there is a contributor calling himself... "MegaLord" or "DeathMaster" etc...
    And we KNOW that such 'persona' is usually the totally opposite to Reality... People don't like to portray themselves as they are??
    The LAST thing i would want to do is 'Show-Up' our 'Uncle-Fester' as a human Being, with REAL emotions & Feelings!!! (Sorry, but yes I do!! xox).
    I never understand why people don't like to be associated with humanity, and underlying kindness. I can see through you!! hahaha...
    Sorry I don't quite understand you. Did I do some wrong or are you complimenting me?
    Where did I expose myself as human with emotions? Please show me examples.
    Emotions are not always a good thing, there are good and bad ones and they can swing wildly but I think you need them to express your self in music.
    But to survive in a tough society it is often better to shield oneself from them, especially in Australia where we all must be tough AFL footy types.

We all have emotions but I don't recall expressing any,you mentioned accidentally. I just write what I THINK, which I have sometimes been criticised as doing too much, but I thought I have bettered myself in that respect lately but maybe not, OK that might be sounding a bit emotional.
    Exposing my 'mental disability' is just that, others here on the forum have to. Just wanted to explain why I have difficulties understanding other people.
    It is easier for me to just say I am nuts. It has helped me a lot since I was actually diagnosed only 5-6 years ago after my mother finally told me about my past.

If you didn't like the music, that's fine, it was experimental only.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 10-05-22 at 11:25 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

wotnot (10-05-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks

That was the aspect of it I enjoyed ~ 'rock' has been done to death IMO =)

Uncle Fester (10-05-22)

Thanks

~ 'rock' has been done to death IMO =)
    That is true but it is insane fun to gab a random axe, max out a valve cabinet and tear apart 'Whole lotta Love" to oblivion for half an hour, when nobody is home.
    I need to do that twice a year. I usually create enough material for a whole album of rock tracks doing that but I won't.
    If I try to record while I do that I lose spontaneity, it just doesn't work.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

@fester I took ah...'s comments as being complimentary. Remember, he's a relative newbie here, so may not yet know all of our idiosyncrasies. We're all mad here, just the depth varies.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

Ah-Those-Old-Days! (11-05-22),Uncle Fester (12-05-22),wotnot (11-05-22)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

Started playing the drums in a school band back in the 60/70's, continued hitting the skins till my mid 20's.
    Floyd, Zeppelin & The Beatles, all my fav till the kids came along and I've hardly played the drums again.

Now... It's not peer pressure guy's, it's just your turn. Now pass the weed around FFS. lol

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (13-05-22),wotnot (11-05-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    @fester I took ah...'s comments as being complimentary. Remember, he's a relative newbie here, so may not yet know all of our idiosyncrasies. We're all mad here, just the depth varies.
    compliments.forums.music.writing ....I know where fester is coming from ; for example OP complimented the formal of my reply...but if you look you'll see topic post was 28/4 and my comment was on 5/5....this means that text sat as a draft on the laptop for a week (on the road), and I picked it up several times over that period to edit/proof before I cut&paste here...(religious) ministers/priests do the same thing preparing their sermons, and in a whole heap of other situations, and personally I find it hard to accept compliments, when it's a formal construct...and the complimentary value is somewhat lost...ie; what training would I need have, to be able to write those few paras under the auspices of being able to deduce OP's character/person type, and be able to write something that appealed to them? Church congregations are easy, with individuals it takes a bit more work...it's hard to 'correctly' compliment someone, if you don't know the whole story (behind the 'act')...and whether or not you're aware that you've been goaded by the facade of the 'hype'.

In forums like this (and other situations), compliments are best kept in the personal...ie; PM ...it's one thing to compliment someone in 'open' forum, it's quite another thing when someone goes out of their way, to compliment someone personally and/or privately....but at any rate, it's best not to get personal in open forum -- fester knows I paid him a compliment with one LMB click (thanks button) and in inference to a single word I used...'enjoyed'. Then, there's a particular spoken etiquette, when it comes to complimenting musicians (especially singers/vocalists) ~ it is entirely possible for one to think they're complimenting a musician, without realizing that from the musician's perspective, the compliment is viewed as anything but. Often too in music, one can end up complimenting the wrong person...ummm.... DEVO's song ''....most ppl who like that song are referring to the version produced by Eno ; most of these ppl don't like the anywhere near as much (and converse is likewise true)....do you compliment the band for the song, or do you compliment the sound producer's skills?

Supposing I can drag this back to topic...(wish me luck =)....music is complimentary in and of itself....and this can boil down to situational venue...I'll go for extremes...orchestra in a theater versus concert hall versus amphitheater ...(some of us will relate this back to Pink Floyd)...could we imagine a full pipe organ playing in an open field? Musical instruments may or may not compliment each other, and singing can compliment (or be complimented by) musical instruments, and then..sometimes...both are best complimented by silence....and like, in pre-empt ...I compliment every reader of this who has the nouse to install ublock.origin or such into the web browser, so you never get any ads on YT while listening/watching the huge selection of music on that platform (but to be fair, I know folks who like the ads...go figure =)

When folks sit there 'jamming', playing someone else's tune, do they pause to think that in that action, they're complimenting the original artist...and then many times, posthumously? That's an open question too ~ I really wouldn't know, I don't do that (jamming) except with myself and a machine....and Johnno's done this heaps of times as well, jamming with spanners under a car...(go on, admit it 8)...and although I've been present at such jam sessions, it's not a question (back then) I thought to ask..I was more just listening to the music, enjoying 'their' vibe...because you weren't or could not be within 'their vibe' unless you were playing along with them....you were just the audience, a listener. That can feel 'alienating' a lot of the time, regardless of how much music theory you've learnt and understand ; anyone who's been in such a situation will well understand what I mean here.

If you're jamming with computerized/electronic/improvised instruments, you might be doing it alone, but if someone else is there, invariably they will answer 'yes' if you ask them "Want to have a go?"....(if indeed they haven't already asked "can I have a try?")...and that's either with or without a keyboard being present, because here traditional style keyboards are entirely optional - a theremin would be definitive example.

These days though, it manifests itself like ...but I'm thinking more ....or ....(the next vid in that list of the is cool)....you get into this crossover zone, where both the performer and the audience stand in awe of the machine. Anytime I've had the time to sit and play with hard/soft synths, I'm always immersed in what the machine can do..the sounds that a bunch of electronic circuits can make ~ ever heard and seen a Lyre bird?

@fester - when I get like that, for temporary relief I listen to really loud...really really loud...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Johnno (13-05-22),Uncle Fester (13-05-22)

Banned
    Thanks

Sorry I don't quite understand you. Did I do some wrong or are you complimenting me?
    Where did I expose myself as human with emotions? Please show me examples.
    Emotions are not always a good thing, there are good and bad ones and they can swing wildly but I think you need them to express your self in music.
    But to survive in a tough society it is often better to shield oneself from them, especially in Australia where we all must be tough AFL footy types.

We all have emotions but I don't recall expressing any,you mentioned accidentally. I just write what I THINK, which I have sometimes been criticised as doing too much, but I thought I have bettered myself in that respect lately but maybe not, OK that might be sounding a bit emotional.
    Exposing my 'mental disability' is just that, others here on the forum have to. Just wanted to explain why I have difficulties understanding other people.
    It is easier for me to just say I am nuts. It has helped me a lot since I was actually diagnosed only 5-6 years ago after my mother finally told me about my past.

Dear Uncle Fester.... Yes, sorry, I was COMPLIMENTING you. Sorry for the confusion.
    It always impresses me, when people show their real 'human' side, and I commend you for it!!

• The Following User Says Thank You to Ah-Those-Old-Days! For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (12-05-22)

Thanks

Wotnot were you not mixing up complimenting and complementing a bit there

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

wotnot (13-05-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Wotnot were you not mixing up complimenting and complementing a bit there
    Absolutely! My madness travels very deep =)

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (13-05-22),Uncle Fester (13-05-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks

....machine jamming with itself....

Ah-Those-Old-Days! (13-05-22)

• Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast