Thread: Bosh 3000 vs 6000 and app support

Thanks

Default Bosh 3000 vs 6000 and app support

Hi Guys I am thinking of getting a Bosh 3000 or 6000 installed ( + IP module ) . I would like to know know about the app support available for both of these

As far as I understand For bosh 3000
    ------------------------------------------
    1. App is Free ( no subscription )
    2. App provide arming and disarming facility
    3. Provides push notifications if alarm is triggered

Questions
    Q1. Does the app allow us to see which sensor has been triggered ?
    Q2. Does the app allow us to control something other than the alarm , say switch a light on and off ?

I know even less about bosh 6000
    ------------------------------------------
    Q1. Read that there is no push notifications for the app, just turn on and off the alarm
    Q2. Do we need a security license to register the alarm with the app ?
    Q3. Only paying a annual subscription will get us the push notifications ?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Sol 3000
    Q1- If the installer has programmed text descriptions, then yes you can see which sensor has been trigger eg Zone 2 Bed 1 PIR Alarm, otherwise it will just say Zone 2 Alarm.
    Q2- The alarm can have a relay output board connected which can be operated with the app

Sol 6000
    Q1- If you only get the iFob control plan then this will only operate alarm via the app. There is a once off fee.
    Q2- Yes a register security company needs to activate the alarm panel for the app to work
    Q3- Yes iFob reporting plans require a subscription with a security company for push notifications.

In general apps that you pay a fee for service, will provide better support and better protection levels. It also gets a higher priority to get it fixed if it's not working for some reason.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by secure View Post
    Sol 3000
    Q1- If the installer has programmed text descriptions, then yes you can see which sensor has been trigger eg Zone 2 Bed 1 PIR Alarm, otherwise it will just say Zone 2 Alarm.
    Q2- The alarm can have a relay output board connected which can be operated with the app

Sol 6000
    Q1- If you only get the iFob control plan then this will only operate alarm via the app. There is a once off fee.
    Q2- Yes a register security company needs to activate the alarm panel for the app to work
    Q3- Yes iFob reporting plans require a subscription with a security company for push notifications.

In general apps that you pay a fee for service, will provide better support and better protection levels. It also gets a higher priority to get it fixed if it's not working for some reason.
    Thank you secure for your reply , its pretty clear to me now. I would like to know if the iFob app you are talking about is it from bosch or is it a third party ? , if its not from bosch what about their own app support for solution 6000 ?

Thanks

The Bosch 6000 is a third party panel renamed to Bosch 6000. It is Australian designed and made along with the app. Where the Bosch 3000 is made in China I think.
    The iFob app is the only app that will work with the 6000 panel properly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by secure View Post
    The Bosch 6000 is a third party panel renamed to Bosch 6000. It is Australian designed and made along with the app. Where the Bosch 3000 is made in China I think.
    The iFob app is the only app that will work with the 6000 panel properly.
    Thank you secure for that information. Your the first one to tell me that this board is not originally from bosh which explains why iFob app works with it. I have talked to a couple of "Security Experts" but none of them mentioned the affiliation with iFob app.