Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zaap tv

Thanks

Default Zaap tv

hi guys i am thinking to get a ZAAPTV any good? anyone it? what is your opinion? should i get it? cheersssss

Look Here ->
    Thanks

NOT RECOMENDED.

It might be attractive but its basically a scam. I havn't read their user policy or t&c, but i cant figure out how this company is going to keep paying for the bandwidth you use to stream the channels from their servers for the rest of your life? what will happen when their sales start to drop? whats their longterm business plan?

basically you are buying a service from an unkown party. its not even based in australia. so what.... you think that the fruit shop your buying the zaaptv from is going to give u full refund when they stop? lol coz i heard they are being sold in fruit shops.

I dont understand how people fall for such scams.
    Datalane -

• The Following User Says Thank You to jtc2005 For This Useful Post:

klirou (31-05-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jtc2005 View Post
    NOT RECOMENDED.

It might be attractive but its basically a scam. I havn't read their user policy or t&c, but i cant figure out how this company is going to keep paying for the bandwidth you use to stream the channels from their servers for the rest of your life? what will happen when their sales start to drop? whats their longterm business plan?

I dont understand how people fall for such scams.
    All it is it a box with free streams they source off the internet. They don't broadcast any of them

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by apsattv View Post
    All it is it a box with free streams they source off the internet. They don't broadcast any of them
    That is correct.

Read the disclaimer on Zaap TV's website ....

ZAAPTV™ is not responsible for the content and does not guarantee nor claims any rights to the content. ZAAPTV™ is providing the streams of all the channels as they are available on the internet. ©2009 - 2012 All Rights Reserved. ZAAPTV™ are trademarks of ZAAPTV Communication Ltd. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ZAAPTV™ contains several links to third-party streaming providers that are "bookmarked" inside the ZAAPTV™ device browser on the TVLIVE section. ZAAPTV™ provides these links as a convenience and does not endorse the companies or contents of any such links. ZAAPTV™ has no control over, is not responsible for, and makes no representation and warranty and disclaims all liability with respect to, any such streaming link.

Several of my customers sourced their boxes from the U.S., where they are considerably less expensive than what is being asked for locally.

The quality is reasonable on some channels but not on all, due to internet congestion and slow data rates. Some channels are available today but disappear tomorrow.

You will need a reasonably fast ADSL2+ internet connection combined with a large data allowance as streamed video consumes a large bandwidth.

• The Following User Says Thank You to tristen For This Useful Post:

klirou (31-05-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Klirou,

You have an UltraPlus 900HD so you can stream using your receiver.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Default thanks leroy

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    Klirou,

You have an UltraPlus 900HD so you can stream using your receiver.

Leroy
    thanks leroy but i cant get the greek channels there is any way? or there is any way to get more channels becouse i get only 6 chabbels with the 900 cheerssssssss

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klirou View Post
    thanks leroy but i cant get the greek channels there is any way? or there is any way to get more channels becouse i get only 6 chabbels with the 900 cheerssssssss
    I will put up a package of greek channel for ultraplus very soon

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

What format does the Ultraplus use for these channels? Is it like a stream.xml file?

Thanks

Ha I wish it supported .xml xbmc channel lists. But it doesnt ! that would make things too easy.

The Ultraplus supports RTMP://

A basic link might look like this rtmp://flashcloud.mediacdn.com/live/kontratv
    Last edited by apsattv; 01-06-12 at 12:30 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to apsattv For This Useful Post:

weirdo (01-06-12)

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I have a ZAAPTV it's not bad, It is streams from the Internet. I don't believe the streams come from ZAAPTV themselves.

I think all ZAAPTV does is give you a nice (albeit slow) UI to connect to the the streams on the web.

Also you need to realize that if you use it daily you could use up to 100GB+ for data usage.
    Last edited by h0ssman; 04-06-12 at 03:35 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by h0ssman View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have a ZAAPTV it's not bad, It is streams from the Internet. I don't believe the streams come from ZAAPTV themselves.

I think all ZAAPTV does is give you a nice (albeit slow) UI to connect to the the streams on the web.

Also you need to realize that if you use it daily you could use up to 100GB+ for data usage.
    Using a dedicated PC the combined viewing of the family over the summer holidays exceeded 300GB per month! The cost is comparable to a payTV subscription when you factor in broadband charges, the advantage being the wider choice of channel, more content and access to free on demand programming, especially foreign.

Also, from what I have seen the ZAAPTV is simply a PC which downloads a list of streams uploaded by third parties. You don't need this box to achieve the same result, however, the advantage of having one might be the possibility that you have access to undisclosed, unauthorised, streams that might last until the next police raid!

As I said, I stream a good number of channels, many HD, on a $50 Dell PC with XP. I captured the links from various software packages and websites and stored them in my (free) Media Centre program: Sesam TV ()
    Its old and there are others, but this one is easy to use for the family technophobes.

OC

Thanks

ZAAPTV claim that they are providing the streams of all the channels as they are available on the internet.

The statement is correct, however is misleading. ZAAP TV make such statements to prevent legal action against them in countires where a provider may have exclusivity to a specific channel.

If they were only links, why are all channels getting received from the same US cloud? shouldnt the channels be received from at least a different ip? why is their encryption? if those were free links, wouldnt you be able to extract them and play them on pc?

before believing the rubbish on the zaaptv website and making false statements here, get your box, setup WireShark and see for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by tristen View Post
    That is correct.

Read the disclaimer on Zaap TV's website ....

ZAAPTV™ is not responsible for the content and does not guarantee nor claims any rights to the content. ZAAPTV™ is providing the streams of all the channels as they are available on the internet. ©2009 - 2012 All Rights Reserved. ZAAPTV™ are trademarks of ZAAPTV Communication Ltd. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ZAAPTV™ contains several links to third-party streaming providers that are "bookmarked" inside the ZAAPTV™ device browser on the TVLIVE section. ZAAPTV™ provides these links as a convenience and does not endorse the companies or contents of any such links. ZAAPTV™ has no control over, is not responsible for, and makes no representation and warranty and disclaims all liability with respect to, any such streaming link.

Several of my customers sourced their boxes from the U.S., where they are considerably less expensive than what is being asked for locally.

The quality is reasonable on some channels but not on all, due to internet congestion and slow data rates. Some channels are available today but disappear tomorrow.

You will need a reasonably fast ADSL2+ internet connection combined with a large data allowance as streamed video consumes a large bandwidth.
    Datalane -

Thanks

are the links rippable?

Thanks

no. theres is somesort of encrypted authentication.
    Datalane -

Thanks

Im interested of building a similar box like ZAAP TV..if some one can put a guide of how to make your own IPtv box that will be greatly appreciated. Please post here if you have any ideas..I also can get links from various website to broadcast Live tv..waiting for your replay
    Last edited by xxBOSSxx; 16-06-12 at 01:47 AM.

Thanks

Im interested of building a similar box like ZAAP TV..if some one can put a guide of how to make your own IPtv box that will greatly appreciated. Please post here if you have any ideas

Thanks

I think ZAAP TV will zaap itself from existance at some point in time unless they restructure their business and set up a proper IPTV service and not an INTERNET TV service, and if they have infinite bank accounts paying their hosting fees.

If you are thinking of building a box like zaap tv just for personal use, just get an old computer, install a media centre on it and find links on the internet. If you are planning to sell it commercially, the easiest option for you is to become an affiliate with zaap tv and resell their services.

The last option is to setup a proper IPTV business and this requires significant funds, proper licensing and planning. The process cannot be simply explained in a single post on this forum, but this is the proper way to build a long lasting, profitable business.
    Datalane -

Thanks

Thanks for your reply, Im actually not after a business of reselling iptv boxes ..I need to build 1 for my personal use I heard that some sort of operating system we can install to run the IPTV application. what I need exactly is the motherboard and what operating system to install and run the live channels like ZAAP tv

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxBOSSxx View Post
    Thanks for your reply, Im actually not after a business of reselling iptv boxes ..I need to build 1 for my personal use I heard that some sort of operating system we can install to run the IPTV application. what I need exactly is the motherboard and what operating system to install and run the live channels like ZAAP tv
    This sounds like a job for that Rasberry PI machine that I have been hearing about. They provide the hardware, you provide the software. Plus it can be hooked into a TV. Sounds like a good application for it.

Thanks

Try XBMC

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast