Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: PowerVu hacked

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carjackma View Post
    I had forgotten sorry ,Ill get onto it for you (tutorial that is ) on a side note I have had a skybox come back after a power surge same symptoms as yours . Turned out to be a cap on the PSU replaced it and booted up and is working maybe worth a look .
    Yes I have two of them shi.t itself during storms. the last one was only months old and it always turned off when not in use. the Other day I update 4 Skybox (new firware) I have (one Kepix)and after the I did the new firmware I have a Power surge as the light on the house Dim and when bright. After this two of the 3 Boxes (the other 4th one in the Eat room) the 3 of them was on in my main Sat TV room and two on them spat the DUMMY. Yes I cannot change channel and I had to turn them off at the PP. After starting all was ok.
    Now I have a 4000 Joule surge Protector and it still did this.
    Yes I will look for any symptoms of problems on the Cap in the PSU

Thanks

4exes, looking at this map
    600 kms east of perth should be a stronger signal than perth .South of bunbury would be a bit iffy if the 4180 v transponder has cranked back the juice. I cannot remember the signal level for 4180v. Has it degraded at all on the east coast?
    Hopefully it's only temp.

Fiddler you have a pm.
    Last edited by pithicus62; 05-02-18 at 06:40 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pithicus62 View Post
    4exes, looking at this map
    600 kms east of perth should be a stronger signal than perth .South of bunbury would be a bit iffy if the 4180 v transponder has cranked back the juice. I cannot remember the signal level for 4180v. Has it degraded at all on the east coast?
    Hopefully it's only temp.

Fiddler you have a pm.
    Hi again. Thank you so much for that but unfortunately it does not work. I have already tried that lot before. I get 3960 pv ok.
    on asiasat 7, but not 4180v. I have tried another strong box still no good. If you get it then there must be something wrong at my end. I don't know what to look for next yet. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks again.
    fiddler

Thanks

Hmmm, I tested the updated keys with dvbdream. I will edit the strong keys and see if it works.

You are right. The strong 4930 does no work , but the key in use [01] is correct.
    dvbdream works ok.
    Might have to wait for newer firmware.
    Last edited by pithicus62; 06-02-18 at 12:24 PM.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Hmmm, I tested the updated keys with dvbdream. I will edit the strong keys and see if it works.

You are right. The strong 4930 does no work , but the key in use [01] is correct.
    dvbdream works ok.
    Might have to wait for newer firmware.
    Yes all my A1 Box work but I still have to updates the Oscam on the Ultimo 4k. I download the Latest Bin file and need to update when I have time to do it. Also I dont use that box all the time so i really don't care too much

Thanks

Fiddler By that footprint My location would be the same as the big city.3m mesh with a lot of time spent dialing skew. a dirty old lnb I picked of the top of a hotel not in use In Mauritania on a job years ago works good here. 90%sig 70-75% Qal. May need some fine tuning or bigger gear. I've noticed no drop in sig here. Running cheap fresat boxes V8 pulls better sigs than golden.

Thanks

Default 4180v on Asiasat 7

Quote Originally Posted by 4exes View Post
    Fiddler By that footprint My location would be the same as the big city.3m mesh with a lot of time spent dialing skew. a dirty old lnb I picked of the top of a hotel not in use In Mauritania on a job years ago works good here. 90%sig 70-75% Qal. May need some fine tuning or bigger gear. I've noticed no drop in sig here. Running cheap fresat boxes V8 pulls better sigs than golden.
    Hi 4exes. I am still trying to receive 4180v on Asiasat 7. Tried different keys but no good. I get 92% signal, 78% quality with a 3.5m solid dish and a universal LNB. It was ok last week but not now. I am in Central Queensland. Any ideas as to why it stopped working? Other transponders do work on that sat.

thanks

fiddler

Thanks

Most have transponders stop working but after a new firmware is added all transponder fire up pronto

Thanks

sounds like you need new emu 2.9 Always get a sig with all transponders just need the right gear to have it happen. Your a long way from me that's me old stomping grounds round Rocky so I cant comment on your position usually its a simple thing you have overlooked. If ya had it its still there 2.8 to2.9 only changed recently last change to 2.8 gave us grief with another sat till upgrade

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 724 Posts

Sony Pictures Networks Ups the Fight on TV Piracy with Cisco

4180V is romping in (as usual) here in Vic.

As a matter of interest, I checked 4180V with a Strong SRT4930 and a SRT4922A.........both show NDS/Powervu in the encryption window.

Think this might be the basis of @Fiddler's problems.

P.S. Lyngsat also shows 4180V as Videoguard/Powervu:

Last edited by Thala Dan; 08-02-18 at 09:34 AM.

Thanks

Default powervu on asiasat 7 4180v

Quote Originally Posted by 4exes View Post
    sounds like you need new emu 2.9 Always get a sig with all transponders just need the right gear to have it happen. Your a long way from me that's me old stomping grounds round Rocky so I cant comment on your position usually its a simple thing you have overlooked. If ya had it its still there 2.8 to2.9 only changed recently last change to 2.8 gave us grief with another sat till upgrade
    Hi again. I am new to emulators. What are they and where to get it. I tried d/l 2.8 and 2.9 put it in the stb. Made no difference. It was only about 650 kb. Seems a bit small. It is the simple things that are usually the hardest to find. What is the right gear?

fiddler

Thanks

fiddler decoder type, and internet read and become knowledgeable to the task at hand. Then its gone waiting for the next free ride. or maybe its over (fiber)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
    Hi again. I am new to emulators. What are they and where to get it. I tried d/l 2.8 and 2.9 put it in the stb. Made no difference. It was only about 650 kb. Seems a bit small. It is the simple things that are usually the hardest to find. What is the right gear?

fiddler
    You could have other issue. I find most of time with cheap boxes and they don't work where they should work is just turn them off for 2 minutes from the power point ans wait before you turn them back on.
    A lot of time most think they have to change the Firmware but it the keys that have changed and until you get the updated keys you will get nothing.

Thanks

I am guessing the encryption datastream has changed for 4180v. Powervu emu and dvbdream still works , so the powervu part of the videogard/powervu Simulcrypt is working.
    I would give it a week or too for a fix for various decoders. There is always pc sat cards and powervuemu.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Yes all my A1 Box work but I still have to updates the Oscam on the Ultimo 4k. I download the Latest Bin file and need to update when I have time to do it. Also I dont use that box all the time so i really don't care too much
    No! for our Ultimo 4K box it was the keys that was stale not the Firmware being the Oscam itself

Thanks

Default powervu on asiasat 7 4180v

I am guessing the encryption datastream has changed for 4180v. Powervu emu and dvbdream still works , so the powervu part of the videogard/powervu Simulcrypt is working.
    I would give it a week or too for a fix for various decoders. There is always pc sat cards and powervuemu.
    Hi I finally worked out that I need a Powervu emulator card for my PC. Could someone tell me as to where I can get them in AU.

Thanks
    fiddler

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
    Hi I finally worked out that I need a Powervu emulator card for my PC. Could someone tell me as to where I can get them in AU.

Thanks
    fiddler

has got cards

edit
    the cheapest one should work ok. I have never used a tevii device. I use a tbs.
    Make sure you have a pciex1 spare slot on motherboard.
    or you could try the usb tevii.
    Last edited by pithicus62; 14-02-18 at 12:39 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post
    It seems P.Vu no longer on 4180 V, 105.5°E,
    Reminds me of the rolling coco days. On this one the ID changes weekly

Thanks

Seems to have lasted longer than I thought.
    Replacing all those powervu decoders with new boxes with a different encryption would be time consuming.
    Powervu is experiencing a slow death.
    This is pure speculation. This is what I would do , and I wanted to protect my interests.

Thanks

has got cards

edit
    the cheapest one should work ok. I have never used a tevii device. I use a tbs.
    Make sure you have a pciex1 spare slot on motherboard.
    or you could try the usb tevii.
    Hi again. I got it working for a couple of weeks but now the Asiasat 7 4180v30000 has gone again. I have used a TBS card, a GSKY 7 HD stb and a Strong 4922B+ stb. None of them will
    receive it now. Have they changed something? I receive 3960H 27500 ok. I noticed on Lyngsat that 3960 shows as being all Powervu, but on 4180 it shows both Powervu and Videoguard. Maybe Videoguard has taken over.
    Any ideas.

fiddler.

• Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast