Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Finally lol

Thanks

FRUSTRATED 10 Weeks no Internet or final installation date.

Put in relocation notice mid January to TPG who told us Naked ADSL2 was not available in our new suburb but we could have NBN. (Or so we thought)

Moved house 1/2/2017 TPG said NBN tech to arrive between 1pm and 5pm on 7/2/17. Penalty to us $109 if not home. Waited and nothing! NBN tech did not arrive or even telephone.

Next date TPG informed us of NBN techs arrival was now going to be the 23rd Feb. I went overseas on the 20/3 so housemate was forced to take a day off work. NBN tech did arrive but did nothing.

TPG then told me the 29th March. I told them I had a hospital appointment and housemate had to work. Was told no need for us to be home.

But how do they gain access to our home? Not required I was told all outside work and when completed another time to be nominated for interior install.

So 10 weeks no internet (So far) and being charged for it by TPG. Neighbour had Telstra internet (NBN) from same pit in 4 days.

TPG have finally acknowledge we will be refunded if our old connection showed no usage after our departure from old address. There won't be as we had naked ADSL, left nothing if you know what I mean. Modem or password and the house has been vacant for resale.

Finally a TPG Case Manager organised an NBN Case Manager who rang me and promised an email update by Thursday but nothing has arrived and no final installation date given YET!

Sorry rant over. Just good to get it out.

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

Welcome to the NBN, Australia's fast, reliable broadband.

Thanks

NBN "No Bloody Network"

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

There is nothing wrong with the NBN as the problem lies solely with those supplying the 'service' to you.
    This to me is the same problem we face when 'they' say 'Computers cant make mistakes' when an error occurs which is primarily true but the drone using it sure bloody can !!!
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the NBN as the problem lies solely with those supplying the 'service' to you.
    This to me is the same problem we face when 'they' say 'Computers cant make mistakes' when an error occurs which is primarily true but the drone using it sure bloody can !!!
    What is right about them?

NBN are a government organised f*#k up. IMO

10 weeks it is already and they cannot get the subcontractors they use in Victoria to fix problems much less give QLD based NBN factual updates. Oh and in that 10 weeks of no internet our ISP can offer no alternate internet connection for us.

A BLOODY JOKE!

Thanks

Just had phone call from NBN Case manager in reply to my email this morning.

He still has not heard anything as to why or when remedial works to the pit will go ahead nor why attached unit to us got Helstra NBN in less than a week. Promised call back within 48 hours.

Into 11th week of waiting and no internet. :-(

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,060 Times in 3,338 Posts

It sounds like it might be a good case for the TIO.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

sail (20-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    TIO will give you a number and tell you to go back to them than if they don't fix it TIO will get involved. Which means more down time for this fellow or anyone else in the same predicament.
    I remember when i had telstra years ago and went through some bad crap eg service was so bad pages would not even load. Down speeds were saying 100kbs on a adsl2 . Went through TIO told telstra and they told me the speeds i was getting were acceptable which made me laugh. Anyway the head telstra mob got in touch and apologized for the terrible service i was getting and they even were involved in the tech support as they were listening in a 3 way.
    They than said that they will make sure it is fixed once an for all by the Friday that week which was 4 days after the call. 2 weeks went by i got back to the head chief i think her name was Margaret as she gave me her personal hotline and before i could say anything she said it isn't fixed? I said how can it be fixed when no one came around to fixing it? She went blank i said i'm out of this dreadful company you call Proudly Australian she apologized and reimbursed me all the money i had paid for the 3 months and joining fees whatever. Joined internode and same thing couldn't load a page one phone call and a day latter problem was fixed and i was getting 10mbbs don.
    The moral to the story is the bigger the company you deal with,the less chance you have of getting anything done.As they don't care.
    This government has a lot to answer for the rotten nbn they have created and played the people of Australia as fulls and are still getting away with it, They are just like big company's they don't give a shit.

• The Following User Says Thank You to levend For This Useful Post:

sail (20-04-17)

Thanks

Our NBN was delayed by half a year according the the estimate where I live. Was very frustrated xD

We were with IPrimus but switched due re-occurring problems and it getting handled wayyy too slow (usually 3 calls over a span of 3 weeks for one issue no kidding).
    Glad we changed though since I couldn't get VLAN tagging working on my 3rd party router (and couldn't get my head around pfSense at that time) and I believe iPrimus needs VLAN tagging.
    Went from 3/.9mbps to 90/35mbps so I'm happy with NBN in general.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by levend View Post
    Iprimus will go up to 109 dollars for the same plan i'm on now from 79. My republic will be 89.99 for the same plan so i think i will be switching to them.
    Bit late with response but would be checking how many clients each is servicing, eg the cheaper could be servicing twice the number of clients and you will get a lesser speed!!
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

• The Following User Says Thank You to allover For This Useful Post:

levend (26-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sail View Post
    Just had phone call from NBN Case manager in reply to my email this morning.

He still has not heard anything as to why or when remedial works to the pit will go ahead nor why attached unit to us got Helstra NBN in less than a week. Promised call back within 48 hours.

Into 11th week of waiting and no internet. :-(
    Still nothing!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    As suggested on this week's ABC episode of The Checkout.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    Bit late with response but would be checking how many clients each is servicing, eg the cheaper could be servicing twice the number of clients and you will get a lesser speed!!
    My area i have not had problems with the cheap internet only the high end ones with the exception of internode. Most in my area use telstra cause they don't know better whilst on iprimus the last 5 years i haven't had an problems.
    BTW how do you check how many are connected to whom?

Thanks

They have started hooking up people in my area although i have to wait another 2 months but already friends are saying they haven't had a phone for a week and growing what the hell are this mob doing?

Thanks

Three months come Monday and no Internet from TPG/NBN
    No date set either. According to NBN major works required in pit right outside. Funny neighbours NBN working. 😕

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sail View Post
    Three months come Monday and no Internet from TPG/NBN
    No date set either. According to NBN major works required in pit right outside. Funny neighbours NBN working. 😕
    What an absolute f#ckup mate. They have just started nbn preparation at the end of my street and I am not looking forward to it. On ADSL2+ at the moment that gives almost maximum speed at all times of about 20Mbps

Thanks

Certainly is. We were on Naked ADSL2+ at our old address but when we applied to relocate they said this different exchange could only offer NBN.
    LOL Pity they didn't say which century it might be.

Thanks

I just took a call our NBN case manager to tell us a date has been set for work on the pit outside our place.
    If that goes okay they reckon the following week TPG will complete the installation.
    Oops I forgot to tell you NBN's date is the 18th May. Making this whole f%#*up a four month wait with no Internet. 😕
    THAT IS IF ALL GOES WELL BUT DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH. 😯
    (Or even happens on the 18th May) 🚽

Thanks

I finally got nbn in my area,joined optus cause I had a mobile with optus and getting a discount of $20,optus sports and fetch TV,100/40 mb speed for $90. First by mistake they put me on 25/5 mb speed and I was getting around 24/4 speed. Called them up and they said it will be fixed.....after 4 days finally got a higher speed but only 32/14 mb on 100/40 speed. Complained for the las 10 days and still not fixed. First they told me that's normal to get on a copper line,then I asked friend of mine who works on nbn for tpg and told me that that's a bull...they have to put me on a better pair. So did someone had similar experience and was his case solved with a better speed??
    Last edited by novica; 12-05-17 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Not finished
    Android TV boxes: Nvidia Shield U Box 4K, Rickomagic 808b, Rickomagic 802
    Raspberry Pi 2, Ouya
    AZbox Premium , dm8000 , VU+ Duo, Ultra Plus 900 and other none Linux boxes

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by novica View Post
    Iafter 4 days finally got a higher speed but only 32/14 mb on 100/40 speed. Complained for the las 10 days and still not fixed. First they told me that's normal to get on a copper line
    It could be normal, it depends how far away from the node you are.
    Have you checked your modem stats?
    What is your Max Line Rate?

• The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteOx For This Useful Post:

levend (12-05-17)

• Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast