Thread: Home heating and cooling.

Thanks

Default Home heating and cooling.

I remember a few years ago on ABC's New Inventors that someone came up with a system to heat your home, during the day, using the heat in your roof space.

Followed a google ad link on here and there is a mob in Victoria
    who do the same, as well as cycle in the cool roof space air at night in summer (I just use my evap air con on "fresh clean air").

These aren't a "whole" heating and cooling solutions, but a cheap to run addition to your normal heating/cooling.

Anyone on here actually looked into this or got it?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ssrattus View Post
    I remember a few years ago on ABC's New Inventors that someone came up with a system to heat your home, during the day, using the heat in your roof space.

Followed a google ad link on here and there is a mob in Victoria
    who do the same, as well as cycle in the cool roof space air at night in summer (I just use my evap air con on "fresh clean air").

These aren't a "whole" heating and cooling solutions, but a cheap to run addition to your normal heating/cooling.

Anyone on here actually looked into this or got it?
    Fantastic Idea , have a friend who had one put into their new house about 18months ago , it really works !!
    They also have a big Reverse Cycle split they used in the middle of winter and because a lot of heat was wasted and went into the roof space this unit pumps it back in .
    The difference in Summer was also noticeable because with a couple of windows open it keeps drawing in cooler outside air ( mainly at night ) and replacing the hot air inside that normally just sits there.

It's a very passive system that keeps your house at a more stable temp without really doing anything at all.

It's strange that hardly anyone knows about this system , maybe because not like active heating and cooling that has an instant effect when switched on , this thing quietly does it's thing .

Thanks

i would be concerned about taking the hot air out of my roof space as its all insulated with fibreglass batts. just going into the roof space to pull cables etc for a few minutes with a mask on and there are glass particles on the mask.
    perhaps a filter (you would have to clean it often) ?
    cheers
    member. Austech dog squad: if it can be fixed the dogs will sniff it out

Thanks

One of the links I gave mentioned filters, but yeah, how often do you change them and how much do they cost. But since you don't get in the ceiling often to disturb the fibreglass, and the air intake is at the highest point under the roof it probably should last quite some time.